[CogSci] Postdoc position at NYU Abu Dhabi - human cognition and cultural diffusion

Anglada-Tort, Manuel manuel.anglada-tort at ae.mpg.de
Tue Dec 13 06:01:52 PST 2022

Dear list,

I’m forwarding a call for a Postdoc position to do cutting-edge research for 3 years on topics related to cultural evolution and human cognition, using large-scale media (music/ video) consumption data.

Details below.

Best,

--
Manuel Anglada-Tort, Dr. Phil
Computational Auditory Perception Group<https://www.aesthetics.mpg.de/en/research/research-group-computational-auditory-perception.html>

--

I am hiring a 3-year Postdoc to join me<https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/academics/divisions/social-science/faculty/minsu-park.html> at the Division of Social Science<https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/academics/divisions/social-science.html> at NYU Abu Dhabi to work on the global diffusion of cultural interests. This project is in collaboration with the Computational Auditory Perception group<https://www.aesthetics.mpg.de/en/research/research-group-computational-auditory-perception.html> at Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics (led by Nori Jacoby<https://www.norijacoby.com/>). The Postdoc will closely work with researchers at MPI (Harin Lee<https://harinlee.info/>, Marc Schönwiesner<https://www.uni-leipzig.de/en/profile/mitarbeiter/prof-dr-marc-schoenwiesner>),  the University of Oxford (Manuel Anglada-Tort<https://www.manuelangladatort.com/>), as well and can spend time there as needed.

While we plan to focus on global cultural diffusion using large-scale music/video consumption data, we are open to the Postdoc’s ideas as well. Strong computational skills and deep interests in the topic are essential. Excellent research support, compensation (~100K USD including salary + housing/travel allowances), and other perks (full health insurance + childcare support if you have any) will be provided.
Please find the application details and submit your application at this Interfolio page: https://apply.interfolio.com/117872 Also, email me at minsu.park at nyu.edu<mailto:minsu.park at nyu.edu> for any questions!
Thanks,
Minsu Park
Assistant Professor | Division of Social Science | New York University Abu Dhabi
Faculty Affiliate | Center for Data Science | New York University
https://minsu-park.github.io/home/about/