[CogSci] Assistant Professor position in Human-Centered Computing at Simon Fraser University

Ozge Nilay Yalcin oyalcin at sfu.ca
Mon Dec 12 16:33:17 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

The School of Interactive Arts and Technology (SIAT) at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver, BC, Canada is announcing an exciting new position: a Tenure Track Assistant Professor position in Human Centered Computing: Thinking With Data. We seek candidates whose research focuses on human-centred computational approaches to data and analytics to support data-enabled thinking. The applicant’s research should be positioned in fields of visualization and/or data science that are transformative to how humans interact with information in an increasingly complex world. We are particularly interested in candidates who develop, explore and apply innovations in visualization and visual analytics, AI/ML, data cognition, visual language, societal data, data media, and/or human-data interaction. Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related discipline with a computing-intensive research and teaching focus that encompasses both theory and practice. If you are interested in applying or know of any suitable applicants in your network of colleagues, post-docs, and former students please direct them to the advertisement and encourage them to apply before application review starts. The full advertisement and application instructions are on our website http://www.sfu.ca/siat/hiring/hcc.html. Application review will begin February 15, 2023.

--
Ö. Nilay Yalçın, PhD.
Assistant Professor | Affective Computing and Human-AI Interaction

At Simon Fraser University (Surrey) we work on the ancestral, unceded territories of the Coast Salish peoples including Semiahmoo, Katzie, Kwikwetlem (kʷikʷəƛ̓əm), Kwantlen, Qayqayt and Tsawwassen First Nations.