[CogSci] Call for Submissions - Brain, Neuroscience, and Education Special Interest Group of AERA

Robert Wiley rwwiley at uncg.edu
Thu Jun 3 14:07:44 PDT 2021

*Call for Submissions - Brain, Neuroscience, and Education Special Interest
Group*
*2022 American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting*
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*The Brain, Neuroscience, and Education Special Interest Group (SIG)* invites
submissions for the upcoming annual meeting of the American Educational
Research Association in San Diego, California (April 22-25, 2022). The
deadline to submit is July 12, 2021.

The purpose of the Brain, Neuroscience, and Education SIG is to lead and
promote the design, implementation, and dissemination of research studies
that articulate how brain and neuroscience knowledge can inform knowledge
about education - and vice versa. To this end, we seek to support members
in identifying, using, and producing high-quality, evidence-based
information about topics at the intersection of education, neuroscience,
psychology, and other learning sciences. We aspire to be the “go-to” place
for real dialogue between brain researchers, cognitive scientists, and
educational researchers, so that our colleagues around the world can share
ways to improve cross-disciplinary research necessary for this dialogue.

In addition to empirical neuroscience research with
educational implications, the SIG will also consider submissions of
philosophical,
theoretical, and metacognitive papers dealing with the intersection of
neuroscience and education. Submissions of graduate student work are also
welcomed.

More information on the 2022 AERA Annual Meeting and the formal call for
proposal can be found here:
*https://www.aera.net/Events-Meetings/Annual-Meeting/2022-Annual-Meeting-Call-for-Paper-and-Session-Submissions
<https://www.aera.net/Events-Meetings/Annual-Meeting/2022-Annual-Meeting-Call-for-Paper-and-Session-Submissions>*

*The Brain, Neuroscience, and Education SIG's webpage can be found
here: https://www.aera.net/SIG014/Brain-Neurosciences-and-Education
<https://www.aera.net/SIG014/Brain-Neurosciences-and-Education>*

*Robert W. Wiley, Ph. D.*

*Program Chair, Brain, Neuroscience, and Education SIG - American
Educational Research Association*
*Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology*
*University of North Carolina Greensboro*