[CogSci] Post-Doctoral Fellow Position Available at Carnegie Mellon University

Cleotilde Gonzalez coty at cmu.edu
Mon Jan 21 10:02:10 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues: Please see below and attached, an open Post-doctoral fellow position available in my lab.  Please share with anybody that would be interested.

Best Regards,

Prof. Cleotilde Gonzalez
Research Professor of Decision Science
Founding Director of Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory
Social and Decision Sciences Department
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave. Porter Hall 208
Pittsburgh, PA, 15213
phone: 412-268-6242
Fax: 412-268-6938
E-mail: coty at cmu.edu<mailto:coty at cmu.edu>
www.cmu.edu/ddmlab<http://www.cmu.edu/ddmlab>

---
Post-doctoral fellow position
Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory
Department of Social and Decision Sciences
Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)
http://www.cmu.edu/ddmlab/

The Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory (DDMLab: http://www.cmu.edu/ddmlab/) at Carnegie Mellon University is seeking applications for a post-doctoral fellow position. The start date is flexible from May 1, 2019 to August 1, 2019. The position is for one year with possibility of renewal to a second year according to performance and availability of funds.

We are looking for enthusiastic Ph.D. recent graduates who have passion for basic science and that want to make an impact in our society while working on important applied problems. The position is highly interdisciplinary, but we expect that applicants with backgrounds in Computer or Industrial Engineering as well as in Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences be the best fit to this position.

The Post-doctoral fellow will support the design of experimental studies involving one or more (networked) participants; and will also need to be engaged in the development of computational models of individual and collective behavior. The position will involve collaborations with Prof. Gonzalez and with other well-recognized researchers in various institutions.

Required qualifications:

-- A Ph.D. (completed by start of employment) in cognitive or behavioral psychology, human factors engineering, or equivalent. Technical background is required; for example, a Ph.D. in social psychology with no other degree in Engineering or Computer Science would not be acceptable.

-- Training in behavioral science research methods and statistical analyses.

-- Experience with statistical software (preferably R, others acceptable).

-- Experience with computational/cognitive modeling (e.g., reinforcement learning, ACT-R models, IBL models).
-- Demonstrable writing abilities through publications and good communication skills.

Desired qualifications:

-- Experience with programming (preferably Python, others acceptable)

-- Experience with web programming and design

-- Experience working with interdisciplinary, collaborative teams, and managing research assistants.

Duration:

This is a full time research position with full benefits, for one year with a possibility of renewal for one more additional year conditional on performance and availability of funds.

To apply: please send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, relevant journal articles, and let referees send three letters of reference before March 1, 2019. Please send electronic documents (Word, Pdf) to: coty at cmu.edu<mailto:coty at cmu.edu>. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.

The DDMLab is part of the Department of Social and Decision Sciences at Carnegie Mellon University, a research paradise. CMU is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, one of America's most livable cities. The city has a strong university presence with over a dozen colleges and campuses and a great cultural scene.

Carnegie Mellon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.  For more information on our Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Policy and our Statement of Assurance, go to: http://www.cmu.edu/policies/documents/SoA.html