[CogSci] Full-time Research Partnerships Manager Position at Character Lab job posting
Character Lab Work
work at characterlab.org
Tue Aug 6 08:22:51 PDT 2019
*Full-time Research Partnerships Manager Position at Character Lab *
APPLY HERE: https://characterlab.janehires.com/Jobs/0OFH35iGHkGIJEsetJfldg
Character Lab is looking for a Research Partnerships Manager. Reporting to
our Director of Research Partnerships, they will support Character Lab
Research Network’s (CLRN) data management and liaise with both external and
internal partners to develop efficient systems for collecting and
disseminating research data. They will also prepare and manage
communications regarding research projects on the network, ensure project
timelines are met, manage Character Lab’s open science initiatives such as
coordinating preregistration, and manage Character Lab’s internal
research. The Research Partnerships Manager will ensure that data
management is running smoothly for our partner school districts and
research collaborators. This person will come into a role where they can
combine their passion for research and education with their skills in
project management and communication.
We are looking for an individual who has hands-on experience with research,
data collection and data management, and understands their demands.
Juggling multiple projects at once, the right candidate embraces time
management, can spot areas to improve process inefficiencies and will
thrive within our small and dynamic team.
*About Character Lab*
Character Lab is a nonprofit devoted to advancing the science and practice
of character development. We were founded in 2012 by two educators (Dave
Levin and Dominic Randolph) and one scientist (Angela Duckworth) who see
character development as essential to helping all children thrive.
Our research has shown that success and well-being depend on a multitude of
strengths that are organized into three dimensions: interpersonal,
intrapersonal, and intellectual. Interpersonal strengths like gratitude and
empathy enable caring relationships with other people; intrapersonal
strengths like grit and growth mindset enable achievement; and intellectual
strengths like curiosity and humor enable a fertile life of the mind.
To advance the science of character development, Character Lab connects
leading psychologists with middle and high schools across the country. To
advance the practice of character development, Character Lab translates
research findings into Playbooks, instructional materials co-created with
scientists, educators, and designers. To learn more, see our most recent Annual
Our culture is both challenging (we’re never done improving) and supportive
(one of our core values is excessive generosity). We are a small team
working under one roof. To learn more, read our Culture Book.
- Liaising between researchers and school district data teams
- Managing external vendor relationships, including an external data
- Creating operational procedures for data management
- Facilitating the work of top tier scientists
- Ensuring quality communication and strong relationships with
- Coordinating data collections with schools/districts
- Managing IRB protocols and grant proposals
- Manage open science initiatives
- Preparing and managing communications regarding research projects
- Identifying opportunities for increased efficiency
- Maintaining attention to detail and accuracy in all tasks
- Bachelor’s in Psychology, Education, Statistics, Economics or a
related social sciences field, Master’s preferred
- 4+ years work experience
- Significant experience in social science research, with a strong
passion for education; prior experience working in education a plus but not
- Prior experience with data management
- Prior experience managing external vendors or consultants a plus
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Proficiency in at least one programming language a plus (Python,
Matlab, Stata, C#, and/or R)
- A high level of thoroughness and attention to detail, in order to
maintain our high quality of work
- Fierce work ethic and sense of purpose, with the ability to work well
as part of a dynamic start-up
- Highly effective interpersonal communication, collaboration, and
*Physical Demands/Environmental Factors*
- Prolonged and irregular hours of duty, as necessary
- Some light to medium level of manual labor (e.g., preparing mailings,
moving boxes of materials)
Character Lab is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse
pool of candidates to apply. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
Please submit a compelling cover letter with your resume.
*Compensation and Benefits*
Competitive salary is commensurate with individual’s experience and skills.
All full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package.
*Hiring Specialist, Character Lab*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announcements