[CogSci] Cfp: RSS 2018 Workshop - towards a Framework for Joint Action - what about Theory of Mind ?

Aurélie Clodic aclodic at laas.fr
Sat May 5 09:55:40 PDT 2018

Call for Extended Abstracts

RSS 2018 Workshop - towards a Framework for Joint Action - what about Theory of Mind ?

June 29, 2018

Workshop Website: http://fja.sciencesconf.org
Submission deadline: May 15th
Acceptance notification: May 17th
(this is to fit RSS early bird registration deadline, we can accept late submission)

Contact and submission: fja at sciencesconf.org

How do people share their attention, intention, task, goal in a collaborative task? Could theory of mind and underlying models help to get some expectations about them? How this is or can be applied to our domain of human-robot interaction?
What should contain or not a theory of mind model, what is part of norms that we follow could help us to understand other's mind without the need to explicitly model it?

This workshop wants to gather answers for these questions and to raise interesting discussion and exchange around them.
This workshop is part of "toward a framework for Joint Action" series (fja.sciencesconf.org) that aims to give philosophers, psychologists and roboticists a venue to discuss and share their knowledge and questions.

Invited speakers
================

Laura Hiatt (confirmed), Research Scientist at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory in Washington, DC.
Sandra Lasry, PhD student in Cognitive Science at Institut Jean Nicod, Paris, France.
Séverin Lemaignan (confirmed), Senior Researcher, Bristol Robotics Lab, University of the West of
England, UK.
Tadeusz W. Zawidzki (confirmed), Department Chair, Associate Professor of Philosophy at George Washington University, DC.

Call for extended abstracts
===========================

We invite the submission of extended abstracts (up to 4 pages). It does not need to be a new contribution to the field but it needs to be relevant to the workshop, i.e. the theory of mind needed around joint action establishment and execution, its components, its installation and the way to model it in a human-robot context as well as its evolution during joint action execution and particularly coordination and alignment issues that need to be taken into account.

To that end, it would be great if you can adapt your submission to fit the illustrative example:
https://fja.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/36

If your work does not fit the benchmark, feel free to propose any modifications to it. The idea is really that we find a common ground to discuss around.

Organizers
Aurélie CLODIC, Research Scientist in Robotics at LAAS CNRS Toulouse, France
Sandra LASRY, PhD student in Cognitive Science at Institut Jean Nicod, Paris, France
Víctor Fernández CASTRO, Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Philosophy at University of Granada, Spain/Jean Nicod Institute Paris, France
Bilge MUTLU, Associate Professor of Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin--Madison, USA
Chien-Ming HUANG, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University, USA
Rachid ALAMI, Senior Researcher in Robotics at LAAS CNRS Toulouse, France