[CogSci] Research Summit on Fundamental Challenges for AI. Mountain View, April 15th.

Ruairidh Battleday battleday at thinkingaboutthinking.org
Thu Mar 28 21:54:21 PDT 2024

We are most excited to announce the Algorithmic Innovation and
Entrepreneurship (AE) Spring Summit on Fundamental Challenges for AI
<http://www.algopreneurship.org>.

*Keynotes*
Professor Jay McClelland (Stanford / DeepMind)
Professor Sergey Levine (UC Berkeley)

*Panels*
New Landscapes for AI Research
New Professional Pathways
Challenges for AI in Biomedicine
Fundamental Challenges
Computer History Museum, Mountain View; April 15th.

www.algopreneurship.org

CogSci attendees can receive a 20% discount by using code COGSCI

This is a day of keynote talks and panels by leading AI researchers on what
the open problems for the development of AI algorithms are, and promising
scientific and engineering strategies for solving them.

We have invited speakers and representatives from the following five
technical stakeholder groups to this Summit:

   - Academia
   - Tech
   - FROs / nonprofits
   - Start-up
   - VCs / Funders

By soliciting answers and discussions from scientists and leaders at these
different groups we hope to also examine what their different roles will be
in the next period of AI research, and to foster the sharing of research
between them.

This should be an exciting and productive day, and we have made
lower-priced tickets  available for students and early-stage researchers.
Lunch and a reception will be provided.

We look forward to seeing some of you there, and please feel free to share
news about the event on social media.

The Thinking About Thinking <http://www.thinkingaboutthinking.org/> Team

Twitter / X:
https://bit.ly/springsummitaix

LinkedIn:
https://bit.ly/springsummitaiLI

--
Dr Ruairidh McLennan Battleday BMBCh (Oxon) PhD

President
Thinking About Thinking (www.thinkingaboutthinking.org)

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Brain Science,