[CogSci] postdoc position at the Music Lab, University of Auckland (New Zealand)

Samuel Mehr sam at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jan 7 15:20:53 PST 2024

Hi CogSci, I'm recruiting a postdoc, please circulate the below to
anybody who might be interested in applying.

best
Sam

--

The Music Lab (PI Samuel Mehr) is recruiting a postdoc to lead studies
of auditory perception using gamified citizen science tools, with a

The postdoc will use our platform https://themusiclab.org
<https://themusiclab.org/> to recruit participants for their studies at
large scale and as such will also be expected to contribute to front-end
and back-end development. As such, web development experience is
preferred; some of the technologies and platforms we use are jsPsych and
other javascript tools, React, CSS, AWS, SQL, R/shiny, and Python. For
the right candidate, expertise in other programming environments may
suffice, however, given a willingness to learn a variety of web tools in
a self-directed manner. Applicants should have a strong publication
record in any area of the cognitive sciences, loosely defined.
Experience in the psychology or neuroscience of music and/or audition is
preferred, but not required.

The lab also has many active projects in the developmental area and a
well-equipped baby lab facility for auditory research. While
developmental studies are not the intended focus of this postdoc
position, if a candidate is interested in working in this area in
conjunction with web-based research, they should indicate as such in
their application.

This is an ~18-month position (exact duration TBD), based at our site at
the University of Auckland, New Zealand, and requires in-person work.
International candidates are welcome and it is typically easy and fast
to obtain a work visa in New Zealand. We expect to make an appointment
at the Research Fellow 1 level, with a starting salary of NZ$94,981 per
year. There is no fixed start date, so we will review and interview
applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please
direct questions to sam at auckland.ac.nz <mailto:sam at auckland.ac.nz>.

Applications can be submitted at <http://tinyurl.com/musiclab-postdoc>.