[CogSci] Seeking mentors: online neuroscience/psychology program for high school/college students

Action Potential Advising Program advisingprogram at simplyneuroscience.org
Thu Feb 29 15:14:45 PST 2024

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Max Feng and I am reaching out on behalf of Simply Neuroscience
<https://www.simplyneuroscience.org/>, a student-led organization working
to expand interdisciplinary neuroscience resources and opportunities for
high school and college students.

Specifically, I am writing about the upcoming cohort launch of our Action
Potential Advising Program
<https://www.simplyneuroscience.org/advising-program> (APAP), which
functions as an online mentorship program connecting neuroscience and
psychology professionals with youth to provide educational guidance.
Through APAP, we hope to provide students with a channel for inspiration
from older peers and experts in the field, and educational/professional
resources that may otherwise not be available to them.

With this goal in mind, I wanted to extend an invitation to you to apply
for our program. We are hoping to recruit many more graduate students,
post-bacs, postdocs, and experts to join our community as advisors, as we
anticipate hundreds of students eager to be connected with mentors. Our
advisees have very diverse interests, and advisors with interdisciplinary
specialties are especially encouraged to apply.

Here is the *application form (deadline is March
20th): https://forms.gle/Hsp4DQ9av9sDhXp99
<https://forms.gle/Hsp4DQ9av9sDhXp99>* and the *information
document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtCZ74ftM9nC-eiifmPMtHwll0gpkc-qaMDovaIkKRg/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wtCZ74ftM9nC-eiifmPMtHwll0gpkc-qaMDovaIkKRg/edit?usp=sharing>.*

We would also appreciate it if you could spread the word about the program
within your circles! A flyer in PDF and JPG format is attached to this
email. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you very much!

*Best, *

The Action Potential Advising Program (APAP) Team @ Simply Neuroscience

advisingprogram at simplyneuroscience.org

Website: https://www.simplyneuroscience.org/advising-program