[CogSci] Stanford research coordinator position

Michael C. Frank michaelcfrank at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 11:02:59 PST 2024

Dear all,

I'm writing to advertise a new 1-year research coordinator (post-bac RA)
position in my lab at Stanford. They will be joining the BabyView
<https://langcog.github.io/babyview/> team to help collect longitudinal
headcam data. More information can be found in the job ad
<https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/social-science-research-coordinator-hybrid-24369>
and
below. Our ideal start date is in early spring but we may consider later
start dates as well (as would be necessary for graduating college seniors).
Please forward to any eligible candidates who you think might be
interested.

Thanks!

----- JOB AD -----
The RC will assist with an ongoing study of children’s visual environment
using head-mounted cameras, working with a team of researchers and staff to
recruit and coordinate a group of families who make recordings in their
homes. Duties will include: creating advertising materials for the study,
making contact with families to answer questions about the study,
communicating with families about the study on an ongoing basis, reviewing
study recordings, processing participant payments, and assisting in the
construction and mailing of cameras.

The position is ideal for individuals who wish to further their research
training, as there will be opportunities to contribute to analyses of
incoming data.

Qualifications:  RC should have good organizational and communication
skills. Frequent email and phone communication will be necessary and
keeping organized (scheduling and record-keeping) is an essential part of
the job. Previous research experience is strongly preferred. RC must be
familiar with MS Office and Google Suite products and be comfortable using
new platforms for participant recruitment, tracking, and payment. Must be a
quick learner, able to work independently, and show initiative.

This is a 100% FTE, 1-year fixed term, non-exempt position. This position
will be based on the Stanford campus and will be considered for an option
of telecommuting (hybrid of working on-site and off-site), subject to
operational need.