[CogSci] Postbac Research Associate Opening in the CLAD Lab at Notre Dame

Cognition Learning and Development Lab clad clad at nd.edu
Thu Feb 1 09:31:30 PST 2024

We have an opening for a postbac research associate in the CLAD Lab at
Notre Dame. Please share this opportunity with anyone who might be
interested. Thank you for considering!

--

*Cognition, Learning, and Development Lab*

University of Notre Dame

We're excited to announce an opportunity for a postbac research associate
in the Cognition Learning and Development Lab <http://cladlab.nd.edu/> at
the University of Notre Dame (directed by Dr. Nicole McNeil).  Our lab
studies cognitive development, with a special emphasis on mathematical
cognition,
symbolic development, and skilled reading. Learn more about our lab and
ongoing collaborations and projects at our website: http://cladlab.nd.edu.

Key responsibilities:

   -

   Deepen your understanding of the science of learning;
   -

   Lead a team of research assistants and tutors in design-based research;
   - Foster positive, caring relationships with children and schools;
   - Conduct literature reviews, coordinate data collection, manage and
   analyze data;
   - Engage in creating educator resources, conference presentations, and
   research publications;
   - Generate new ideas for research and practice;
   - Uphold best practices in student mentoring and open, reproducible
   science

What we are looking for:

   -

   Degree in psychology, cognitive science, mathematics, education,
   neuroscience, linguistics, or related field;
   -

   Interest in learning more about the science of learning;
   -

   Experience working with children, especially teaching, tutoring, or
   coaching PK-8 students
   -

   Strong technical and computer skills and experience with learning
   technology;
   -

   Interest in mentoring undergraduate students and showing them your
   passion for the scientific way of knowing;
   -

   A commitment to expanding access to evidence-based learning programs and
   building strong, reciprocal relationships with schools and afterschool
   programs

The position is perfect for people who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D.
in any area of psychology, cognitive science, human development, or
education, and we are especially interested in candidates who have yet to
realize their full potential due to limited exposure to high-level research
or mentorship opportunities in the science of learning (e.g., students with
limited opportunities for research at their undergraduate institution or
students who changed majors partway through their undergraduate career;
mathematics majors who may be interested in pursuing a Ph.D. program to
study mathematical cognition). The practicum associated with this position
is funded through a grant from the AmeriCorps VGF program, so the
individual must be able to pass state and national background checks,
including the background check for national service.

This is a full-time, in-person position with benefits with a start date of
July 1, 2024. However, we can be flexible on the start date, and we are
willing to consider excellent candidates who are only interested in a
part-time position for the coming year. We will begin reviewing
applications February 12 and will continue until the position is filled. To
express your interest or request more information, please email clad at nd.edu,
and we will guide you through the next steps.