[CogSci] Invitation to WoCCAP | Wisdom of the Crowd - Crowd Analysis Project

Yana yana.litovsky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 03:32:49 PDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

We are launching an exciting new project and we would like to invite you to
participate. It is a *crowd analysis project to explore which aggregation
mechanisms best harness the “wisdom of the crowd” to predict future
outcomes*. Over a period of 6 months, we will collect monthly predictions
in 4 domains (politics, economics, sports and climate) by 640 people from
the general population. Participating researchers will submit an
aggregation mechanism to aggregate the predictions (in each domain) to one
aggregate outcome.

Call for Participation and Registration

The *Call for participation* can be found here
<https://woccap.com/participate/> and you can find further information,
including registration details, at https://woccap.com/.

Consortium Authorship and Prize Money

We hope for many participants, so please spread the word — the entry
hurdles are low, the webpage is set up to pretest the aggregation
mechanisms and the total workload can be as short as one working day (or
longer, if someone invests a lot of time to optimize his/her algorithm). *All
researchers will receive consortium authorship and the most successful
research teams (based on the accuracy of the aggregated predictions) can
win a total of up to EUR 10.000*.

All the best,

The project coordinators

Robert Böhm (U of Vienna), Igor Grossman (U of Waterloo), Jürgen Huber,
Christian König-Kersting, Michael Kirchler, and Yana Litovsky (all U of
Innsbruck)