[CogSci] Please Share: DivE In 2023 Accepting Applications Until May 31

Jinyi Kuang jkuang at sas.upenn.edu
Tue May 2 07:14:39 PDT 2023

Dear all,

The Diversity and Equity Initiative in the Mind Sciences (DivE In) at the
University of Pennsylvania is now accepting applications (deadline is May
31). This initiative is geared towards serving undergraduate students from
marginalized groups that are traditionally underrepresented in graduate
school and involves a weekend at Penn devoted to discussing graduate school
and the application process. We also have a strong focus on mentoring and
networking: students get connected with a mentor, have mock interviews with
Penn faculty, and have opportunities to informally network with members of
the Penn community. Travel to Penn and expenses are fully paid for admitted
students to reduce barriers to engaging with faculty and trainee mentors.

We encourage rising juniors, seniors, and recent or not-so-recent graduates
from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Applications will be evaluated
on the basis of need (e.g., lack of access to mentorship), fit (e.g.,
interest in pursuing graduate programs in the mind sciences) and merit
(e.g., quality of written responses). We will prioritize applications from
students that are not already affiliated with Penn.

Please share widely with students and networks.

DivE In 2023 will be October 13-15
Link to application (deadline is May 31):
https://web.sas.upenn.edu/dive/apply/
Email for questions: minddivein at sas.upenn.edu

Thank you!
DivE organizing committee