[CogSci] CFP - Cognitive and Neuroscience Research in IS Minitrack at HICSS-57, Honolulu, Hawaii, January 2024

Jia Shen jiashen at rider.edu
Wed Mar 15 13:53:44 PDT 2023

Dear fellow researchers,

We cordially invite your submissions to the Cognitive and Neuroscience Research in IS Mini-track at HICSS 2024 in Honolulu, Hawaii, January 2024.  Journal fast-track opportunity to the AIS Transactions of HCI is provided.  More info below:

Conference:
Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-57)
Honolulu, Hawaii
January 3-6, 2024
https://hicss.hawaii.edu/

Title of Minitrack:
Cognitive and Neuroscience Research in IS Mini-track (in the Decision Analytics and Service Science Track)

Minitrack co-chairs:
Jia Shen (jiashen at rider.edu), Jerry Fjermestad (jerry at njit.edu), Jordan Suchow (jws at stevens.edu)

Journal for Fast-track Opportunities:
The best manuscripts will be invited for fast tracking publication considerations in the Transactions of HCI.

Minitrack Description
Human cognition has been a key component of Information Systems research.  Considering the fast-developing technologies that enable us to better understand human cognition, this minitrack provides a research forum at the intersections of brain, mind, and body in the shaping of human experience as it is manifested in information technology design and applications.  Through the latest developments in neuroscience, psychology, and cognitive science, we seek a deeper understanding of the interplay of biophysiological, emotional, and cognitive factors that affect our digital technology-enabled experiences.  Such understanding will provide us with a fuller picture of the human-technology experience and benefit system design, application, and use in many domains.

For the minitrack call, we encourage papers associated with topics including, but not limited to:

• Use of neurophysiological or biofeedback tools and methods in the study of IS phenomena
• Affective decision making
• Cognitive flow
• Emotions and decision making
• Embodied cognition
• Social cognition
• Human computer interaction
• Digital habits
• Decision making
• Attention, awareness, and consciousness
• Creativity
• Mindfulness

Important Dates for Paper Submission
June 15, 2023:          Submission Deadline
August 17, 2023:        Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
September 22, 2023:  Deadline for Submission of Final Manuscript for Publication
January 3-6, 2024:	HICSS Conference

Minitrack Info:
https://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-57/decision-analytics-and-service-science/#cognitive-and-neuroscience-research-in-is-minitrack

We look forward to your submissions and a stimulating minitrack meeting at HICSS 57 in Hawaii 2024!

Minitrack co-chairs:
Jia Shen (primary contact)
Professor
Norm Brodsky College of Business, Rider University
jiashen at rider.edu

Jerry Fjermestad, co-chair
Professor
School of Management, New Jersey Institute of Technology
jerry at njit.edu

Jordan Suchow, co-chair
Assistant Professor
School of Business, Stevens Institute of Technology
jws at stevens.edu

Jia Shen, Ph.D. Professor of Information Systems
Department of Information Systems, Analytics, and Supply Chain Management
Norm Brodsky College of Business <http://www.rider.edu/academics/colleges-schools/norm-brodsky-college-business> | Rider University
2083 Lawrenceville Rd. Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
jiashen at rider.edu <mailto:jiashen at rider.edu>