[CogSci] Graduate training in the Language & Mind Lab

Berent, Iris I.Berent at northeastern.edu
Tue Oct 18 11:12:42 PDT 2022

PhD training in the Language & Mind Lab

The Language & Mind Lab<https://web.northeastern.edu/berentlab/> at Northeastern University (PI:  Iris Berent) is anticipating a number of openings for graduate training. The lab explores human nature (using language as a case study) and how laypeople reason about it. We ask whether some aspects of (linguistic) knowledge are possibly innate, and whether people believe innate knowledge is even possible. We examine  these questions using a broad interdisciplinary perspective, integrating behavioral and brain approaches with speakers of different languages (spoken and signed), adults and children.   We are looking for strong applicants with background in cognitive science, linguistics and or philosophy. For further information, please contact Iris Berent (i.berent at northeastern.edu).