[CogSci] Two Positions: Assistant/Associate Professor of Psychology at Arizona State University

Nicholas Duran nduran4 at asu.edu
Fri Oct 14 15:08:16 PDT 2022

Two Positions: Assistant/Associate Professor of Psychology at Arizona State
University

The initial application deadline is December 1st, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.,
Eastern Standard Time.

The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences in the New College of
Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University is seeking
TWO full-time, benefits-eligible faculty:
a) One tenure-eligible Associate Professor or tenure-track Assistant
Professor of Psychology; and,
b) One tenure-track Assistant Professor of Psychology

Qualified candidates at the Assistant Professor level will be considered
for either position. The current positions are part of the ongoing
development of the Cognition, Behavior, and Information group at ASU,
and coincides with a concerted effort to expand data-driven, computational,
and human-centered research collaboratives within the School and across
ASU. In the last two years, the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
has successfully recruited two new tenure-track Assistant Professors
directly in this field.

We are seeking scientists who are comfortable working across disciplinary
boundaries to gain psychologically-grounded insights from large-scale
naturally occurring and experimentally collected data. Ideally, applicants’
work will complement and expand upon the Cognition, Behavior, and
Information group’s broad goals of using computational and data science
methods to tackle real-world problems within the social and cognitive
sciences. Given a new era of technology and data collection is
revolutionizing how we understand human behavior – be it with machine
learning and artificial intelligence, causal inference with big data, or
analytics and corpus methods – we purposefully avoid narrow restrictions on
applicants’ interest areas or competencies. We also welcome applications
from scholars whose formal training might not include psychology so long as
their work demonstrates strong ties to psychological theory and are capable
of publishing in disciplinary journals in psychology and cognitive science.

We also anticipate that a new hire will be closely involved in the
development of the Cognition, Behavior, and
Information group’s education initiatives. We are in the initial stages of
building a novel program that will equip undergraduate and graduate
students with the statistical and advanced data science tools they will
need to study human behavior. This program aims to be maximally inclusive,
serving students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and who possess a
range of technical skills. We encourage applicants to share their vision
for the development of such a program and the topics they would cover, as
well as the role they would take in helping to shape it.

*Application Procedure:*

Only electronic submissions via Interfolio will be reviewed. Incomplete
applications will not be considered. Please submit all application
materials to http://apply.interfolio.com/114825

For more information about the position, please contact the Search
Committee Chair, Dr. Nicholas Duran, at nicholas.duran at asu.edu.