[CogSci] Society for Affective Science 2023 Conference

Jolie Wormwood jbwormwood at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 19:16:10 PST 2022

*SAS 2023 Call for Abstracts - Submissions Open*

The Society for Affective Science (SAS) is delighted to open its call for
abstracts to be considered for the 2023 Annual Conference. The conference
will be held in an in-person format between *Thursday, March 30 – Saturday,
April 1, 2023* in Long Beach, California, USA. The conference will once
again feature Preconference sessions and these will take place on Thursday,
March 30th, 2023 prior to the opening of the Conference.

*We encourage submissions from authors at all career stages.*

There is no fee to submit an abstract. The conference registration fees
will be announced soon.

*Abstract Submissions – Main Conference*

 *Four submission types:*

Note: Each presenting author may submit a maximum of TWO abstracts, which
have to be submitted to two different tracks (Poster: New Idea, Poster: New
Results, Flash Talk, and Symposium). Abstracts submitted by the same
presenter must reflect two different research projects. There is no
abstract limit for non-presenting authors.

· *Poster: New Idea* - Showcasing a new research idea, complete with
planned experimental design(s) and analysis approach(es). Data are not
required, but pilot data for proof of concept are welcome. Work already
pre-registered in another platform is admissible. New theoretical
contributions are also welcome in this category.

· *Poster: New Results* - Showcasing the latest findings in affective
science based on quantitative and/or qualitative data collected and
analyzed. We welcome and encourage preliminary work!

· *Flash Talk* - Showcasing the latest findings based on quantitative
and/or qualitative data already collected and analyzed or new theoretical
contributions in affective science. Both junior and senior researchers are
eligible to deliver a flash talk.

· *Symposium* - Set of talks providing an in-depth perspective on
individual research areas/topics within affective science. Sessions can be
comprised of 3 talks with a discussant or 4 talks. All symposia must be
chaired.

*Advancing Interdisciplinary Science*
In line with our goal to facilitate interdisciplinarity, we welcome
submissions from across all domains of affective science, including
anthropology, business, computer science, cultural studies, economics,
education, geography, history, integrative medicine, law, linguistics,
literature, neuroscience, philosophy, political science, psychiatry,
psychology, public health, sociology, theater, and more.

*CLICK HERE TO VISIT SAS WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS*
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/j377cj/b9ej8eib/zv4kc3b>

*Abstract Submissions - Preconference*

This year, SAS is hosting 3 preconferences: Positive Emotions, Intergroup
Emotions, and Emotion Regulation on *Thursday, March 30, 2023*.

· *Positive Emotions Preconference* will feature the latest
interdisciplinary research on positive affect. The day will explore a wide
range of research related to positive emotions in educational, clinical,
social, organizational, consumer, and cross-cultural contexts.
Additionally, the preconference will include an interactive poster session
and conclude with a final session on the future of positive emotion
research. *Flash talk and poster submission will be accepted.*

· *Intergroup Emotions Preconference* will focus on the role of emotions in
political processes, including political polarization, voting, collective
action, political violence, and upholding democracy. With the political
turmoil that has risen in the last decade across the world, understanding
the impact that emotions have on political processes is paramount. *Flash
talk and poster submission will be accepted.*

· *Emotion Regulation Preconference* will feature emotion regulation
research from various disciplines and topics, consider emotion regulation
from different perspectives, and share exciting new findings and methods.
It will feature a range of formats from short talks to panel discussions to
breakout groups. Our goal is to have fun, build connections among those
interested in emotion regulation (faculty, post-docs, students), and share
ideas about new directions in emotion regulation research. *Invited talks
only.*

*CLICK HERE TO VISIT SAS WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS*
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/j377cj/b9ej8eib/b96kc3b>

*Submission Deadlines*

*Conference:* Abstracts must be submitted by *Monday, November 22, 2022 at
11:59 p.m. Baker Island Time (BIT; UTC-12 — last time zone on earth)* to be
considered for inclusion in the program.

*Preconference**:* Abstracts must be submitted by *Monday, January 16, 2023*
 *at 11:59 p.m. Baker Island Time (BIT; UTC-12 — last time zone on earth)* to
be considered for inclusion in the program.

*Submission Review Process*

Abstracts will be evaluated based on scholarly merit by a double-blind peer
review process with our Abstract Review Board.

 ·       *For the conference:* Notification of acceptance or rejection of
abstracts will be e-mailed to the corresponding author by *mid-January 2023*
.

 ·       *For the preconference: *Notification of acceptance or rejection
of abstracts will be e-mailed to the corresponding author by *mid-February
2023.*

 ·       Presenters must be the first author on the submitted abstract. All
presenters must register and pay to attend the meeting.

Questions?

For questions, please contact Sharon Zwack <sas at podiumconferences.com> of
Podium Conferences.

We are excited to return to an in-person SAS conference in 2023! We hope
you will join us for a stimulating 3 days of affective science programming
and opportunities to reconnect with and meet affective scientists across
different disciplines, all career stages, and from all corners of the
world. See you in Long Beach!