[CogSci] Mark the date - March 25 is the 3rd Conference on the New Interdisciplinary Horizons in Psychological Research

Jorge Almeida jorgecbalmeida at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:35:07 PDT 2022

[image: Óscar Gonçalves]

*Óscar Gonçalves*
[image: Jorge Almeida]

*Jorge Almeida*

*Welcome to the New Interdisciplinary Horizons in Psychological Research
Series*

It is with great pleasure that we announce the third and last conference of
the New Interdisciplinary Horizons in Psychological Research Series.

We again have a series of amazing speakers that will be discussing their
frontier research, and invite us to reflect on what the Psychological
Research arena and its interdisciplinary interfaces in Portugal (and
elsewhere) should be for the upcoming decade.

In the third conference of the series, we will be discussing how cognitive
neuroscience is the central paradigm in major psychology departments, and
thus should figure critically in our efforts to advance Psychological
Research. We will have six national and international exciting speakers and
we hope to have plenty of discussions on their amazing work, and how that
work was/is/will be transformative.

Please join us to discuss the future of Psychology!

This conference will be held in a hybrid format (registration is required;
see below), on March 25, 2022, at the Faculty of Psychology and Educational
Sciences of the University of Coimbra, and it is generously funded by IBRO
– the International Brain Research Organization - and by the ERC!

Hope to see you all here!
Jorge and Óscar

*Know more about NeoPsych*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://neopsych.org/&source=gmail-html&ust=1647524115085000&usg=AOvVaw0Ttb-IpYY1i60QSmDAdhJN>
*Our invited speakers*
[image: Patrícia Maciel]

*Maria Ruz*

Director of the Mind, Brain and Behavior Research Center and Principal
Investigator of the Human Neuroscience Lab at the University of Granada in
Spain.
[image: imagem.png]

*Patrícia Figueiredo*

Assistant Professor, Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal

[image: Lezanne Ooi]

*Mel Goodale*

Canada Research Chair in Visual Neuroscience in the Department of
Psychology at the University of Western Ontario, and Interim Director of
the new Western Institute for Neuroscience
[image: Armando Machado]

*Bradford Mahon*

Associate Professor in Psychology, Department of Psychology, Dietrich
College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University

[image: imagem.png]

*Adrien Owen*

Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience and Imaging in the Departments of
Physiology & Pharmacology and Psychology at the University of Western
Ontario, Canada, and Director of the Brain, Mind, and Consciousness program
[image: Jessica Cantlon]

*Kalanit Grill-Spector*

Department of Psychology, Wu Tsai Neurosciences Institute, Stanford
University

The event will be held in person but online streaming will be available.
However, a free registration is required. In-person attendance is limited
and needs confirmation from us.
*Reserve your seat*
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://neopsych.org/&source=gmail-html&ust=1647524115086000&usg=AOvVaw2WesxjwufVFu_cyQihdm72>
[image: Universidade de Coimbra]