[CogSci] 2 postdoc positions in Behavioral Science – Aarhus University, Denmark

Jacob Lund Orquin jalo at mgmt.au.dk
Tue Mar 15 05:12:28 PDT 2022

We are hiring two postdocs in behavioral and cognitive science.
For questions regarding the positions, scientific or practical, please email jalo at mgmt.au.dk<mailto:jalo at mgmt.au.dk>

Application deadlines are 15th of April 2022.

####################################
Postdoc position on motivated blindness
The project aims to understand effects of social groups on motivated blindness i.e., how social conformity may motivate us to suppress visual attention to otherwise relevant information. The project is led by Jacob L. Orquin and Sonja Perkovic from Aarhus University and is in collaboration with complexity researchers Henrik Olsson and Mirta Galesic from the Santa Fe Institute, US. The postdoc position is for 2.5 years.

Further information and submission portal:
https://www.au.dk/om/stillinger/job/postdoctoral-position-in-the-collective-blindness-research-project

Postdoc position on search and decision making
The project aims to develop a model of visual search in many-alternative choice e.g., consumer choice in the supermarket. Our work so far suggests that animal foraging models provide a good fit to many-alternative search and we wish to further test these assumptions. The project is led by Jacob L. Orquin in collaboration with Peter Todd, Indiana University, Ray Dolan, UCL, and Hrvoje Stojic, Secondmind. The postdoc position is for 2 years.

Further information and submission portal:
https://www.au.dk/om/stillinger/job/postdoctoral-position-on-attention-and-decision-making-at-aarhus-university-1