[CogSci] BCCCD23 submission deadline this week - July 31

Eszter Körtvélyesi and Rachel Dudley | BCCCD 2023 Chairs bcccd at outlook.com
Sun Jul 24 00:02:49 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

This week is the last opportunity to submit abstracts for talks and symposia proposals for BCCCD23. The submission window for talks and symposia will close on Sunday, July 31.

BCCCD23<https://bcccd.org/> will take place in Budapest, Hungary from January 5-7, 2023. Alongside our invited program, we welcome symposium, paper and poster submissions reporting studies from all fields of cognitive development. Previous BCCCD meetings featured a wide range of topics, such as communication, pragmatics, social cognition, conceptual development, language acquisition, numeracy, object cognition, perceptual learning, inductive learning, memory, executive function, metacognition, cognitive bases of culture, and comparative cognition.

New this year, we have a much earlier deadline for submission of talks and symposia in order to accommodate our expanded reviewer pool (while still maintaining our traditional late submission deadline for poster presentations). We are also welcoming proposals for half-day pre-conference events, such as workshops or tutorials, that would be relevant to the BCCCD audience.

INVITED SPEAKERS

H. Clark Barrett<http://www.hclarkbarrett.com/> (University of California, Los Angeles)

Anne Christophe<https://lscp.dec.ens.fr/fr/member/623/anne-christophe> (CNRS & Ecole normale supérieure – PSL, Paris)

Kang Lee<https://www.kangleelab.com/> (University of Toronto)

IMPORTANT DATES

Talk submission deadline: July 31, 2022 midnight CEST (GMT+1)

Symposia submission deadline: July 31, 2022 midnight CEST (GMT+1)

Poster submission deadline: October 1, 2022 midnight CEST (GMT+1)

Pre-conference event submission deadline: October 1, 2022 midnight CEST (GMT+1)

Notification of acceptance: October 31, 2022

Registration opens: November 1, 2022

Despite the unpredictable development of global health conditions in the past years, we are optimistic that BCCCD23 can take place in Budapest as in pre-pandemic times, with hybrid online formats available for those who cannot join us in person. However, we are prepared to transition to a fully online format (as in 2021 and 2022) if necessary, and we will keep you apprised of any developments as they occur.

While CEU has been facing the challenge of relocating most operations to Vienna, we reassure all prospective participants that we are committed to maintaining the tradition of the Budapest campus of CEU as the site of BCCCD meetings in 2023 and beyond.

For more information, please visit https://bcccd.org/.

Eszter Körtvélyesi and Rachel Dudley

BCCCD23 Chairs on behalf of the Program Committee

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @CogDevCeu<https://twitter.com/cogdevceu?lang=en>