[CogSci] [CFP] - IEEE CogSIMA 2022 (Hybrid Conference) - Deadline Extension – February 28, 2022

Giuseppe D'Aniello gidaniello at unisa.it
Tue Jan 25 09:00:33 PST 2022

2022 IEEE Conference on Cognitive and Computational Aspects of Situation Management (CogSIMA 2022)06-10 June 2022University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy –Hybrid Conference (both in-person and virtual participation)

Sponsored by the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society

http://cogsima2022.org/ <http://cogsima2022.org/>
Due to the uptick in Omicron and subsequent closures, we have been asked to extend the deadline for CogSIMA papers. The new submission deadline is Monday, February 28th 2022.

Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/cogsima <https://twitter.com/cogsima> and on our website http://cogsima2022.org <http://cogsima2022.org/> to stay up-to-date with events and announcements. Registered attendees (with permission) may even have their work highlighted online!

With uncertainty around COVID-19, the conference will be held as a hybrid event, with both in-person meetings and events and virtual accessibility to conference meetings. We are currently ensuring that there will be a secure face-to-face conference that will allow the CogSIMA community to meet again in person in the splendid setting of Salerno. But in case of restrictions and to respect the needs and requirements of each participant, we will support virtual participations and remote presentations, in order to deliver the best experience possible for everyone.

CALL FOR PAPERS

Where Cognitive Science meets Computer Science

Since 2011, the CogSIMA conferences have promoted a multidisciplinary approach to research on dynamic, cyber-physical-social systems of systems, emerging from the interaction of people, machines, computer systems and organizations situated in complex dynamic environments. Critical to these systems of systems are their cognitive and computational capabilities to (1) sense, perceive, comprehend, and predict situations, (2) reason about and recommend possible actions for situations, (3) facilitate learning, self-organization and collective intelligence, and (4) assess interdependencies between systems. Continuing in its successful, interdisciplinary tradition, CogSIMA 2022 will provide an inspiring forum for scientists and practitioners from diverse backgrounds including cognitive science, computer science, artificial intelligence, psychology, and human factors.

Please consult http://cogsima2022.org/ <http://cogsima2022.org/> and follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/cogsima <https://twitter.com/cogsima> for further information and updates on our program, venue, focus sessions, workshops, submission guidelines and author requirements.

See the full list of Topics here: https://edas.info/web/cogsima2022/about.html <https://edas.info/web/cogsima2022/about.html>

Two types of paper submissions will be accepted:

Regular Papers (5-8 pages) that describe new results that advance the state-of-the-art
Poster Papers (3-5 pages) that describe preliminary work
It is assumed that the submitted papers address cognitive and/or computational aspects of situation management.

The paper submissions themselves will be handled electronically by EDAS.

Submit your paper via Edas https://edas.info/N29209 <https://edas.info/N29209>

DUE DATES

Regular Papers submission: February 28, 2022 (Extended)

Poster Papers submission: February 28, 2022 (Extended)

Acceptance Notification: March 31, 2022

For questions, please contact us at ad... at cogsima.org <https://groups.google.com/u/1/> and visit the conference website: http://cogsima2022.org/ <http://cogsima2022.org/>
We look forward to seeing you in Salerno!

Further information:

CogSIMA 2022 conference website: http://cogsima2022.org/ <http://cogsima2022.org/>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cogsima <https://twitter.com/cogsima>
Follow #cogsima <https://www.linkedin.com/feed/hashtag/cogsima/> on LinkedIn!