[CogSci] Update IMRF 2022 in Ulm

Marc Ernst marc.ernst at uni-ulm.de
Sun Jan 23 22:48:01 PST 2022

Dear colleagues and friends of IMRF,

This is just a quick update on the International Multisensory Research Forum (IMRF), scheduled for July 4-7 2022 in Ulm, Germany. ( https://cops.ifp.uni-ulm.de/imrf2022/ <https://cops.ifp.uni-ulm.de/imrf2022/> )

We are monitoring the current pandemic situation very closely and as you are aware, predictions into the longer future have been proven to be very difficult. This uncertainty is why we did not update you earlier. Anyway, here is the current status of our planning and thinking:

We are still very determined to host IMRF in the summer of 2022 as an in presence meeting. Whether or not there will be a hybrid addition to IMRF which would allow for also online participation, is not yet determined, as any hybrid format is a huge organisational challenge.

To make it easier for you to decide whether or not you can travel to Germany in summer 2022, we have tried to post the deadlines for abstract submission and registration as late as possible. Currently, the abstract submission deadline is set to April 01, the date by which you can also change and adapt your already submitted abstract (and symposium contributions). The review process will start after this date. We strife to keep the already accepted symposia and ask the symposium organisers / attendees to update their information accordingly if individual talks need to be adapted. Please get in contact with us by the submission deadline in case of necessary substitutions,

The early registration deadline is set to May 20 giving us a bit more than a month to plan with the number of participants. Given the current pandemic regulations in Germany to not pack rooms as densely as we used to, we may have to limit the number of participants to something around 180 to 200 people. However, as you are aware, the situation and thus rules keep changing. In any case it cannot hurt to register early to secure your space, as limits, if they apply, will be done on a first come first serve basis.
Here is a link to the current regulations in the state of Baden Württemberg, which is permanently adapted as the situation changes: https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/en/service/aktuelle-infos-zu-corona/corona-information-in-other-languages/ <https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/en/service/aktuelle-infos-zu-corona/corona-information-in-other-languages/>
We will keep you posted as soon as we have more information.

Stay safe and healthy - best,
Marc

Prof. Dr. Marc Ernst

Applied Cognitive Psychology
Faculty for Computer Science, Engineering & Psychology
Ulm University
Albert-Einstein-Allee 43
89081 Ulm

room nr.: 	   	43.3.103