[CogSci] 2022 Psychology and Economics of Poverty Convening - Call for Papers open until March 2

Kristina Hallez khallez at berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 18 13:02:49 PST 2022

2022 Psychology and Economics of Poverty Convening - Call for Papers open
until March 2

*Event info and submit paper/register here:
https://cega.berkeley.edu/event/psychology-and-economics-of-poverty-convening-2022/

*Call for papers due: March 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM PST

*Event date: April 1, 2022
*Hosted by: UC Berkeley's Center for Effective Global Action

The fourth annual Psychology and Economics of Poverty (PEP) Convening will
bring together researchers, implementing partners, and policymakers
together to share original work in this space.  As long as it is safe to do
so, we plan to host this event in person at UC Berkeley in an open-air room
(one side of the room opens onto a patio and patio doors will be left open
for ventilation). Proof of vaccination will be required to attend. Please
note that depending on the COVID-19 situation, we may need to shift to a
virtual event.

We encourage research submissions from psychology, economics, and related
fields. We will accept full papers or extended abstracts, regardless of
publication status. Interested speakers should submit a 100-300 word
summary, along with an extended abstract or paper draft (if available).
Suggested topics include:

- How poverty impacts cognitive load, decision-making, social cognition,
health (including mental health), aspirations, and/or economic outcomes

- The psychological consequences of resource instability or volatility

- Belief formation, the relevance of belief-based utility, affective
adaptations to poverty, and the role of the "psychological immune system"

- The influence of cultural context and social norms on outcomes related to
the above topics

We encourage attendance by interested faculty, PhD students, postdocs,
researchers, implementing partners, and policymakers. Selected speakers
will be notified by March 4th, 2022, after which we will share a detailed
agenda via email and on our event web page.
--
Kristina Hallez (khallez at berkeley.edu)
Program Manager, Psychology and Economics of Poverty