[CogSci] Assistant Professor position at Mississippi State University

Moss, Jarrod jarrod.moss at msstate.edu
Wed Aug 31 12:23:10 PDT 2022

The Department of Psychology at Mississippi State University invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in cognitive psychology/cognitive science. The anticipated start date is August 16, 2023. The department houses doctoral programs in both cognitive science and clinical psychology. The successful candidate will serve as a core member of the cognitive science doctoral program and will maintain a program of research, seek external funding, teach undergraduate and graduate courses, and supervise graduate student research. We are particularly interested in candidates who add to the diversity of research areas in our cognitive science program and contribute to the department mission more broadly. Examples of areas of research that diversify our program include, but are not limited to, social cognition, cognitive development, and cognitive or neural mechanisms associated with mental health. Candidates who can teach graduate courses in research methods, biological/affective bases of behavior, or computational/mathematical models of cognition are a particularly good fit.

Mississippi State University is the state’s leading research university with several centers and institutes receptive to collaborative research. Mississippi State University is a land-grant R1 university located in Starkville, MS, which is one of the three cities making up the Golden Triangle region (population 128,000). The Golden Triangle is an ethnically diverse community with a low cost of living, low crime rate, temperate climate, a nearby airport, and many available outdoor activities.

Interested applicants must apply online at https://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/en-us/job/504406/assistant-professor and attach a cover letter; curriculum vitae; statements on research, teaching, and contributions and commitment to diversity; up to three pre/reprints; and the complete contact information for at least three professional references. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in psychology, cognitive science, or a closely related field at the time of appointment. Review of applications will begin October 1, 2022, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Questions about the position can be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Jarrod Moss (jarrod.moss at msstate.edu).

MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.

In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or ada at hrm.msstate.edu<mailto:employment at hrm.msstate.edu>. If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713 or ada at hrm.msstate.edu<mailto:employment at hrm.msstate.edu>. Upon request, sections of this job listing are available in large print, and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.

—
Jarrod Moss
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology