[CogSci] Seeking Associate Director for the Diverse Intelligences Summer Institute

Erica Cartmill cartmill at anthro.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 30 10:51:21 PDT 2022

Dear friends and colleagues,

The Diverse Intelligences Summer Institute (DISI)<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fdisi.org%2f&c=E,1,cBkMLkRiKclthyBwvzZau3LY_sSKAxrroB98F9yBVYoTmKy0GJZtxfph7kv9lNCRK-mIozQQpHIbqHbfXVY6NWW4O0Kk8mnw2u8NdZLBgu8,&typo=1> is looking to hire an Associate Director. This is a full-time staff position at UCLA with benefits and the possibility of renewal up to four years (contingent on funding). Remote or hybrid work would be possible. DISI is a new academic community, and we are hoping to find someone excited to help us grow and develop new initiatives in this space.

The Diverse Intelligences Summer Institute (DISI) is a program dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of intelligences of all forms (human/non-human, biological/artificial, collective/individual). We aim to bring together early career researchers from around the world who are interested in the study of mind, cognition, and intelligence for several weeks of serious interdisciplinary exploration. We also host artists in residence ("storytellers") to explore the nature of mind through different media.

DISI runs two large in-person events each summer and several virtual events throughout the year. It also awards grants to fund scientific research and artistic projects. We are seeking an Associate Director to assist in the operation of DISI and other events. The Associate Director will direct all operational activities of DI Summer Institutes, DI Summit Meetings, and grantmaking activities and will collaborate with the Directors on long-range planning and growth.

This would be a great opportunity for someone interested in gaining experience in running international events, grant making, programming for higher education, professional administration, public communication, and intellectual community-building.

For more details and to apply, visit the job posting here: https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1651127145031

Please forward this posting to anyone you think might be interested. Email any questions to cartmill at ucla.edu<mailto:cartmill at ucla.edu> and foster at soc.ucla.edu<mailto:foster at soc.ucla.edu>.

Thanks!
Erica