[CogSci] Reviewers Needed! The National Artificial Intelligence Research Institutes
Tuller, Betty K.
btuller at nsf.gov
Tue Apr 19 09:46:12 PDT 2022
Please consider volunteering for the interdisciplinary panels that will review proposals submitted to NSF’s upcoming National Artificial Intelligence Research Institutes competition. (For more details, please see the program information page<https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505686>, which has links to the solicitation, FAQ, and more). This is an opportunity both to serve and to learn about and shape this ongoing national initiative.
This year the program will review Full proposals in virtual panels (remote participation) in August and September. The program officers conducting these panels need expertise from our sciences as well as your perspectives on building the next generation of talent, strategic impact of institute activities, and more. Note that several of the major themes this year are highly relevant to our communities:
* Theme 1: Intelligent Agents for Next-Generation Cybersecurity
* Theme 2: Neural and Cognitive Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
* Theme 3: AI for Climate-Smart Agriculture and Forestry
* Theme 4: AI for Decision making
* Theme 5: Trustworthy AI
* Theme 6: AI-Augmented Learning to Expand Education Opportunities and Improve Outcomes
The answers you provide in this survey will help us ensure full coverage of expertise needed to review these proposals.
If you are interested, please complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/AIInstitutes
Note that you may still serve as a panelist even if you are submitting a proposal to the competition. We will be organizing the panels in different themes to minimize potential conflicts of interest.
Please forward this to any of your colleagues who might be interested!
If you have questions or concerns, email the program at: aiinstitutesprogram at nsf.gov<mailto:aiinstitutesprogram at nsf.gov>
Thank you for your consideration,
Betty Tuller (on behalf of the NSF National AI Research Institutes Program)
**Subscribe to the PAC Mailing List<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sbe_pac_mailing_list> (NSF e-mails/announcements specific to the PAC community) **
Betty Tuller, Ph.D.
Director, Program in Perception, Action, and Cognition
National Science Foundation
2415 Eisenhower Avenue
Alexandria, VA 22314
Prospective PIs should also consult:
1. A brand-new search engine to find NSF funding opportunities<https://beta.demo.nsf.gov/funding/opportunities>.
2. The PAC program<http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5686> webpage.
3. The Dear Colleague Letter: Effective Practices for Data<https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2019/nsf19069/nsf19069.jsp>, and Dear Colleague Letter: A Broader Impacts Framework for Proposals Submitted to NSF's Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences Directorate<https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJlbWFpbCI6ImJ0dWxsZXJAbnNmLmdvdiIsImJ1bGxldGluX2xpbmtfaWQiOiIxMDMiLCJzdWJzY3JpYmVyX2lkIjoiNDk2NzA3OTIiLCJsaW5rX2lkIjoiMTI5NzkxMzExNyIsInVyaSI6ImJwMjpkaWdlc3QiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5uc2YuZ292L3B1YnMvMjAyMS9uc2YyMTA1OS9uc2YyMTA1OS5qc3AiLCJidWxsZXRpbl9pZCI6IjIwMjEwMzIyLjM3NDUwNzIxIn0.wTonbTp72RsPZwWUz0KJyaUZIXGPo_UdKhgh0SzsglE>.
4. Need to talk with a Program Director?
* Send us a one-page description of the proposed research.
* Book a time, if needed: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/NSFBookingsPerceptionActionandCognition@nsf.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announcements