[CogSci] Psychin'Out Redirection Summer Series 2022

Ariel Tan arielguicheng at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:14:46 PDT 2022

Dear Cognitive Science Society,

Apologies for cross-posting!

My name is Ariel Tan, and I'm one of the members of an online community
called Psychin'Out. Our community was founded in 2020 by a group of
students/gap year professionals applying to psychology-related graduate
programs. Our mission was to foster a supportive, rather than competitive,
atmosphere supporting each other during one of the toughest application
cycles. Since then, our community has grown and developed several programs
to further achieve the goal to foster community and dismantle barriers, one
of which is our Redirection series this summer. This series will start with
a roundtable as a space for us to process rejection. In June-July, we will
be hosting 5 workshops on the following topics: gap year planning,
post-bacc job search, networking, resume/cv/cover letter, and lab
manager/research assistant 101. The goal was to help each other to create a
strategic yet self-caring gap year, as many of us will likely be using this
year to reflect but also grow in our academic or professional journey.

That being said, we'd love for you to share information about this series
with your network - especially with your students! Below is a short and
sweet blurb about this roundtable:

> *"Rejected by a grad school program? More like being redirected to focus
> on my personal growth." - PO Community, 2022 ❤*
> *While we cheer and congratulate acceptance, the PO community is also here
> to encourage and support each other in normalizing rejections, processing
> setbacks, and ultimately - building each other up on a path of grit and
> resilience 🏔.*
> *Entitled REDIRECTION 2022, we have prepared a series of workshops to
> develop a strategic yet self-caring gap year. To kick off this summer
> series , we'd like to invite you to join our roundtable - where you get to
> process and connect with those who share this redirection path with you.*
> *🗓 Save the date: 5/14/2022 12:00 - 1:30 PM EST**🔗 RSVP:
>  bit.ly/poredirection2022rt <http://bit.ly/poredirection2022rt>*

[image: PsychinOut_Redirection 2022.png]

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration! Have a wonderful rest
of your week!

Best Regards,
Ariel Guicheng Tan M.A. (She/Her/Hers)
E: arielguicheng at gmail.com | W: <http://goog_1341971559>