[CogSci] BCCCD22: Submissions are open

Hanna Marno and Bálint Varga | BCCCD 2022 Chairs bcccd at outlook.com
Wed Sep 1 02:38:05 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to remind you that the BCCCD21 symposia, paper, and poster submissions are now open.
Submissions for on-site symposia, talks, and posters, as well as virtual presentations are open from the 1st September and will be due by 30 September.

We are still hopeful that the 12th annual BCCCD meeting, organized by The Cognitive Development Center at CEU can be arranged in a hybrid format and we will see many of you at Budapest.

As stated before, the first, on-site component will take place at the Budapest campus of CEU, from 6 to 8 January. As usual, this section will include invited and submitted talks and symposia, as well as poster presentations. While mainly an in-person event, emphasizing face-to-face networking, talks and symposia will be streamed online during this component with additional virtual participation options.

A second, virtual component will take place online during the subsequent week, from 10 to 14 January. On-site participants will take part in this component as well but we welcome additional submissions of empirical and theoretical work from those who prefer or are able to present only virtually. All presenters will have their dedicated channel on an online platform, with their material (video & other) uploaded directly into the channel, so that attendees will have access to the presentations that they can discuss in the same space. Additionally, presenters will be asked to be online in their channel during assigned sessions, so that participants in all time zones can attend each other's presentation slots.

Regarding the symposia submissions, please indicate also your preferences whether you would be able to attend the on-site conference and present in person at Budapest, or you would prefer to join only the virtual component of the conference.

We are committed to create an impactful and inclusive conference in spite of the changing circumstances. With this hybrid format, we want to ensure that all registered participants will be able to benefit from similar opportunities during BCCCD22.

For more information, please visit https://bcccd.org/.

Hanna Marno and Bálint Varga
Conference chairs

INVITED SPEAKERS
Fiery Cushman<https://psychology.fas.harvard.edu/people/fiery-cushman> (Harvard University)

Rebecca Saxe<http://saxelab.mit.edu/people/rebecca-saxe>(MIT)

INVITED SYMPOSIUM

Active learning: computational, neural and developmental perspectives
Jacqueline Gottlieb<https://www.gottlieblab.com>(Columbia University)

Constantin A. Rothkopf<https://www.pip.tu-darmstadt.de/ag_pip/members_pip/publications.en.jsp>(Technical University of Darmstadt)
Azzurra Ruggeri<https://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/staff/azzurra-ruggeri.html> (Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Technical University Munich)

IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for submissions: September 30, 2021 midnight CET (GMT+1)

Notifications of acceptance: October 22, 2021
Registration opens: October 23, 2021

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @CogDevCeu<https://twitter.com/cogdevceu?lang=en>