[CogSci] Postdoc Opportunity at RCS!

Kevin Gluck kgluck at resilientcognitivesolutions.com
Thu Oct 28 14:35:58 PDT 2021

Resilient Cognitive Solutions has a Postdoctoral Researcher position available for empirical studies and computational modeling in context-aware communication interfaces research.

Real-world environments involve complex, dynamic perceptual and cognitive demands. High-performance, time-pressured, consequential environments usually require effective communication among team members. Increasingly, these teams are Joint Cognitive Systems (JCS) at the intersection of people, technologies, and the operational mission. In collaboration with key government and industry colleagues, we are starting a new line of fundamental research and development in context-aware communication interfaces for next generation JCS.

This research will involve the use of adaptive information dissemination technologies in communication-intensive, multi-tasking scenarios. We will conduct empirical studies and develop computational models of attention, cognition, and communication in the context of those scenarios to explore ways to improve the timing, content, and presentation of information. The goal is to improve the overall robustness and resilience of mission performance under varying conditions.

At RCS, we create innovative capabilities that support, improve, and accelerate decision making in complex, consequential environments. As a Postdoctoral Researcher in this effort, you will play a lead role in all aspects of the conduct of the research, including research design, modeling, analysis, and the publication and presentation of results. You will collaborate with a high performing team of geographically and organizationally distributed colleagues with backgrounds in cognitive science, cognitive systems engineering, software engineering, machine learning, and natural language processing.

Due to contract restrictions, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position.

The complete job posting is available here:  https://www.resilientcognitivesolutions.com/careers.html

[cid:image001.png at 01D7CC20.0AF6DF90]

Kevin Gluck, PhD

Chief Scientist