[CogSci] PhD studies in perception (VR)

Alen Hajnal Alen.Hajnal at usm.edu
Sat Oct 9 07:30:26 PDT 2021

The Perception Action Cognition (PAC) Lab is looking for new graduate
students for a starting date of August 2022.

Current research topics include

haptic and visual perception of affordances
postural stability
fractality

What I am looking for in a graduate student is a dedicated, highly
motivated person with excellent quantitative and behavioral statistics
skills. Minimally, I require from the candidate to express the
willingness to learn some of the essential computing tools such as
MATLAB, R, python and others. Our lab works with Oculus Rift VR
systems, Pupil Labs eye tracker, and a 5-camera VICON motion capture
system. We also have a 3D printer and scanner.

The successful applicant will receive a full paid assistantship (with
a tuition waiver) that is renewable every year for 4 years.

The priority deadline for applications is December 1, 2021. As part of
the application package we require the submission of official
university transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS (for international applicants),
statement of research interests, and 3 recommendation letters.

GRE scores are NOT required.

Submit an application to the Brain and Behavior PhD program here:

https://www.usm.edu/graduate-admissions/index.php#apply

For a comprehensive list of research publications, please check out my
google scholar profile:

https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=c9bakr4AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate

Alen Hajnal, PhD.
Associate Professor
Coordinator of Brain and Behavior PhD Program
Perception Action Cognition Lab
School of Psychology
University of Southern Mississippi
https://sites.google.com/view/paclab/home?authuser=0