[CogSci] Participants recruitment for PhD research project

Y. Yang yy425 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 5 07:49:17 PDT 2021

Dear CogSci Secretary team,

I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Yiqiong, I am doing my second year PhD at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge.

My research project focuses on understanding the variability of cognitive processing in different tasks and I have started data collection. Like other cognitive experiment, my study also needs a big sample size to get enough statistical power. The online mode in light of the covid measure makes the recruiting rather difficult. I have only recruited 70 people over the last month, so i am wondering if it is possible for you to circulate my recruiting blurb through the department mailing list help my research please?

Below is my short blurb:
Hi Everyone, my name is Yiqiong Yang. I am a second-year Ph.D. student at the Faculty of Education. I am recruiting participants for my research project on understanding the variability of cognitive processing in different tasks. The experiment may take you around 30-40min, and you will have a chance to win a cash prize of up to £50. If you are happy to participate in my study, here is the link: https://cambridge.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6nCiywasShVbvkq. Please run the experiment on a PC or a laptop, and leave enough time to complete it. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me: yyq_experiment at hotmail.com<mailto:yyq_experiment at hotmail.com>. Thank you very much!

I also attached a flyer if that would make it easier for the newsletter format?

Thank you!
[cid:4130497D-2229-4C26-9863-4051D2E0524C]
YANG Yiqiong
PhD student (Psychology and Education Route)
Faculty of Education
University of Cambridge