[CogSci] Society for Affective Science 2021 Virtual Conference: Registration Now Open!

Stephanie Marita Carpenter smcarpen at umich.edu
Wed Mar 10 09:03:46 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The Society for Affective Science (SAS) will hold its annual meeting in an
all-virtual, 24-hour format from April 13-16, 2021.

On behalf of the SAS Membership and Outreach committee, I encourage you and
your trainees to attend. SAS is an excellent venue to learn about what’s
new in affective science, participate in career development and special
topic discussion forums, and enjoy social and networking opportunities that
make SAS conferences uniquely beneficial.

We’re going virtual this year, but have worked hard to maintain all of
these valuable features in our program. In addition to our Presidential
Symposium on Love, TED-style talks, Invited Flash Talks, a Special
Symposium on Positive Emotions, and hundreds of individual presentations,
SAS 2021 features the following:

-Fully international 24-hour program covering Japan Standard Time, British
Summer Time, and Pacific Daylight Time (
https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2021-sas-annual-conference/home/).
See announcement: http://bit.ly/SASConf

-Multiple career spotlight events including Ask an Editor, Career
Transitions, Working Abroad, and Methods events.

-Speed Networking (
https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2021-sas-annual-conference/speed-networking/)
and socializing opportunities in Gather.Town (
https://www.virtualchair.net/events/sas2021).

-A low registration rate, including for undergraduates, and 1 year of FREE
SAS membership with multiple benefits – take advantage of our Early Bird
Deadline: 13 March 2021! Register here:
https://society-for-affective-science.org/conferences/2021-sas-annual-conference/registration/

Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you will join us at
the 2021 SAS virtual meeting!

All the best,

Stephane M. Carpenter

Co-Chair, 2021 SAS Membership and Outreach Committee

--
Stephanie M. Carpenter, Ph.D.
Associate Director, d3lab
e-mail: smcarpen at umich.edu