[CogSci] Learning Scientist - Cognitive Psychology of Learning, New Ph.D. Graduate at Duolingo

Dalia Shehata dalia at duolingo.com
Mon Jul 26 14:37:14 PDT 2021

Job Description

Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and
make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s
where you come in!

Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world,
with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed
daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy
with Duolingo ABC <https://www.duolingo.com/abc> and English proficiency
testing with the Duolingo English Test
<https://englishtest.duolingo.com/home>.

We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions,
and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful
work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class
minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!

We are looking for a soon-to-be Ph.D. graduate with research expertise in
an area of learning sciences. At Duolingo, you will have an opportunity to
apply your skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, collaborative environment,
where you see the immediate impact of your work on millions of learners
worldwide.

More information on our University Programs can be found at
university.duolingo.com

What you’ll do...

   -

   Collaborate with team members across different roles on improving
   existing learning-focused product features or developing new ones
   -

   Contribute a learning science perspective by sharing with the team
   relevant research findings and translating them into concrete ideas that
   can be applied to Duolingo products
   -

   Provide hands-on support with any ad hoc tasks that would benefit from a
   learning-expert perspective, such as UX research or analyses of in-app
   experiment data
   -

   Ensure regular communication and collaboration with curriculum designers
   and content developers on other teams, bringing their insights and
   experience to product development

What we’re looking for…

   -

   Ph.D. degree. You are currently pursuing a Ph.D. degree in cognitive
   science, cognitive psychology, (psycho)linguistics, or a related field.
   Your graduation date must be between December 2021 and August 2022.
   -

   Research expertise. You specialize in research in an area within
   learning sciences, including (but not limited to) language development,
   second language acquisition, statistical learning, non-native speech
   perception & learning, categorization & category learning, analogical
   learning, or memory.
   -

   Data analysis skills. You have strong skills in data analysis and are
   comfortable using tools such as R, Python, or SQL.
   -

   Language knowledge. You know at least one language other than English.
   -

   Strong communication. You have excellent interpersonal and communication
   skills.

Exceptional Candidates:

   -

   Passion for language learning and knowledge of multiple languages
   -

   Experience with foreign language teaching

Why you’ll love working here…

   -

   Language learning opportunities
   -

   Catered in-house lunches, and breakfast and dinner options
   -

   Company-wide Hackathon
   -

   PTO and company holidays
   -

   Frequent company-wide dinners, monthly celebrations, social clubs, and
   so much more!

Link to apply: https://careers.duolingo.com/students

--

<https://www.duolingo.com/>

dalia shehata • university recruiter *(she/her/hers)*

university students - click here! <https://university.duolingo.com/>