[CogSci] Change to online format: Conference on Situated Affectivity & Social Understanding, Dec 10th 2021

Ludmila Reimer ludmila.reimer at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 6 05:42:22 PST 2021

*Announcement – Change to Online Format*

Second Conference of the Second Cohort

*Situated Affectivity & Social Understanding*

RTG Situated Cognition – Ruhr University Bochum

_10.12.2021_

*Time*: 9:00 – 18:00 CET (UTC+1)

*Venue:* Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany; live stream on Zoom

*Organization*: Dr. Sabrina Coninx, Maja Griem, Eline Kuipers, Ludmila
Reimer

We are pleased to invite you to our conference “Situated Affectivity &
Social Understanding” on the 10th of December 2021. Our three keynote
speakers are *Dr. Lewis Chuang, Dr. Daniel Dukes, and Prof. Simone
Shamay-Tsoory.*

*Due to the pandemic situation, the conference changed to an online only
format. *The program was adjusted to accommodate this change. The zoom
link and other information can be found below.

*Program*
*
*
_09:00_
*Welcome*

_09:05-10:20_
*Keynote**
**Dr. Lewis Chuang (LMU Munich)*
Humans & Technology: Mind the Gap

_10:30 – 11:10_
*PhD Presentation**
**Shadi Derakhshan (University of Osnabrück)*
Head Position as a Robust Prediction for the Technology Acceptance Model
(TAM) in Self-Driving Vehicles – A Large Scale Virtual Reality Study

_11:15 – 11:55_
*PhD Presentation **
**Felix Schreiber (Ruhr University Bochum)*
The Role of Guided Affective Episodic Foresight for Proactive Behavior
in 5-Year Olds

_11:55 – 13:00_
Lunch Break

_13:00 – 14:15_
*Keynote *
*Dr. Daniel Dukes (University of Fribourg & Swiss Center for the
Affective Sciences)*
Two illustrations of the explanatory power of emotions

_14:25 – 15:05_
*PhD Presentation **
**Maja Griem (Ruhr University Bochum)*
Profiles of Animal Empathy

_15:10 – 15:50_
*Postdoc Presentation **
**Dr. Julia Wolf (Ruhr University Bochum)*
Pretend Play and the Paradox of False Belief Understanding

_16:00 – 17:15_
*Keynote **
**Prof. Simone Shamay-Tsoory (University of Haifa)*
The Empathic Brain: The Neural Underpinning of Human Empathy

Zoom Link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88200540071?pwd=Y1FYMmlHMWhWdUsyODlSTnJCT0Z5UT09

For more information concerning the Conference see:
https://situated-cognition.com/conferences-external-workshops-2020-today/

For general information on the RTG Situated Cognition see:
https://situated-cognition.com/

For general information on the Center for Mind and Cognition see:
https://philosophy-cognition.com/cmc/

--
Ludmila Reimer, M.A.

PhD Student