[CogSci] Postdoc Position in social-cognitive and moral development - University of Konstanz

Marco Schmidt marco.schmidt at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Dec 2 01:55:18 PST 2021

The Normativity Lab (directed by Marco F. H. Schmidt) at the Department of Psychology, University of Konstanz, invites applications for a Postdoc position (100% position or part-time, initially for 3 years with possibility for extension, salary scale “TV-L E13”) starting April 1, 2022 or later. The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up program, the Excellence Strategy.

In our group, we investigate infants’ and children’s social-cognitive development, broadly construed. In particular, we explore the developmental origins of human cooperation, norms, and morality. Moreover, we are interested in the role of (social-)cognitive and motivational processes (e.g., theory of mind, epistemology, prosociality) in the ontogeny of normativity. Empirical methods include, inter alia, interview techniques, interactive behavioral paradigms, and eye-tracking experiments.

Interested candidates should submit via the Online Application Portal of the University of Konstanz their application (including a full CV, a copy of the PhD thesis, a brief research statement relating your interests to the research program of our group, and names and e-mail addresses of three or more academic referees). The University of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer.

To apply and to see the full job posting, please visit:
https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/1296d289b85acd7f13cb8ae1806ef0b1f465440d0

For more information on our research, please visit our website
https://www.psychologie.uni-konstanz.de/en/schmidt/research/researchfoci/

For questions, please contact Marco Schmidt (subject: “Postdoc Konstanz”) · marco.schmidt at uni-konstanz.de.

--
Prof. Dr. Marco F. H. Schmidt