[CogSci] Job opening for Data Scientist
brad at kairosresearch.com
Mon Apr 12 06:56:23 PDT 2021
Please see the description below for the Data Scientist position at Kairos Research. Applications welcome!
CEO Kairos Research
TITLE: Data Scientist
Kairos Research is a small business located in Dayton, OH, conducting cutting-edge research at the intersection of human and artificial intelligence. We currently have an opening for a full-time Data Scientist to work on several government-funded projects involving analysis of unstructured data – in particular (but not limited to) unstructured text data. The Data Scientist will work collaboratively with a diverse research team whose backgrounds span cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and related disciplines.
The Data Scientist position offers competitive salary and benefits. Because we are a young company, this is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to get in on the ground floor and help shape the future research direction of the company. As the company grows, the Data Scientist will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects involving human and machine cognition. We are especially interested in early-career individuals who possess a high degree of self-direction, who enjoy working in a team, and who are willing to grow into a leadership role over time.
NOTE: Given that future projects may require access to sensitive data, candidates must be US citizens or hold a green card.
JOB LOCATION: Dayton, OH.
1) Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline. Individuals with degrees in the cognitive and social sciences, linguistics, etc., are also encouraged to apply provided they meet the other criteria (below).
2) Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art natural language processing techniques, including probabilistic topic modeling, sentiment/emotion analysis, and semantic embedding methods such as GloVe, Word2Vec, and BERT.
3) General familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to analyzing noisy, high-dimensional data, including various dimensionality reduction methods.
4) Strong programming skills (familiarity with Python and/or R is strongly preferred).
1) Experience with analyzing social media data.
2) Experience with multi-modal data analysis (e.g., text and imagery).
3) Strong writing and presentation skills.
Interested candidates should email their CV/resume to Brad Minnery (brad at kairosresearch.com<mailto:brad at kairosresearch.com>) and cc techadmin at kairos-research.com<mailto:techadmin at kairos-research.com>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announcements