[CogSci] Mailing list: Call for Participants: Survey on The Concept of Representation in the Mind Sciences

Luis Favela Luis.Favela at ucf.edu
Sun Oct 25 18:50:09 PDT 2020

Dear Administrators of the Cognitive Science Society Mailing List,

I am happy to answer questions about the survey and/or provide additional information.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Luis

*****

Call for Participants: Survey on The Concept of Representation in the Mind Sciences

I am Dr. Edouard Machery, Distinguished Professor in the Department of History and Philosophy of Science at the University of Pittsburgh (www.edouardmachery.com). I would like to you to participate in a 15-minute research study about the meaning of the notion of representation.

If you decide to participate in this study, you will be presented with four short scenarios describing a neuroscientific experiment and asked a few questions about each. You will also be asked a few general questions and a few demographic questions. The survey is entirely anonymous. There is no risk associated with participating to this study. Although we do not currently have plans to share the data, should we do so in the future, your data will be shared in an anonymous manner. Also, your data will anonymous in any related publications or presentations. Again, participation is completely voluntary. You can choose to be in the study or not. You are also free to withdraw from the study once you begin. However, if you withdraw, any responses you provided will potentially be used.

Here is the link to the survey to please fill out as soon as possible, but no later than November 15, 2020:

Follow this link to the survey:

Take the Survey<https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2tVBxyiIdZtxfKt>

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

https://pitt.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2tVBxyiIdZtxfKt

If you have any questions about the study, please email me (machery at pitt.edu).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Edouard Machery

Distinguished Professor

Director of the Center for Philosophy of Science

Center for Philosophy of Science

University of Pittsburgh

1117 CL Pittsburgh PA 15260 USA

412 624 1051

http://www.edouardmachery.com

http://www.geographyofphilosophy.com

https://go-philosophy.com/

*****

Luis H. Favela, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Cognitive Sciences
Department of Philosophy
Cognitive Sciences Program
University of Central Florida
luishfavela.wix.com/luishfavela
​
Please note: Florida has a very broad open records law (F.S. 119). Emails may be subject to public disclosure.