[CogSci] PhD program in Purdue Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences

Arielle Borovsky aborovsky at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 9 11:54:52 PDT 2020

The Department of Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (SLHS) at Purdue
University <https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/slhs/index.html> invites
applications for our Ph.D. program.  The Purdue SLHS program is among the
largest and highest-ranked of its kind and is home to leading research
faculty, outstanding facilities and resources, and, *most importantly, a
supportive training environment for our graduate scholars.*

Faculty engage graduate scholars in interdisciplinary research on normative
and disordered processes in speech, language, voice, swallowing, and
hearing.  Doctoral students are fully funded through a variety of sources
including, individual fellowships (at the university and national level),
our NIH training grants
<https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/slhs/research/Training%20Grants.html>, research
assistantships, and teaching assistantships. Students receive
individually-tailored training for academic careers, and our program has
placed nearly all of its recent graduates in academic and postdoctoral
positions following their degree.

Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact potential faculty
mentor(s) directly. Visit this document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gv1l3OcKbOi4gyHmZ3KgvxGOUJp9AVHvEFciDtN3Orc/edit>
for individual faculty who are recruiting this year. Application
instructions can be accessed here
<https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/slhs/graduate/admissions/phd.html>. Applicants
should apply by *December 1st* to ensure fullest consideration for funding.

We are committed to preparing the next generation of scientists that
reflects the diversity of our national and global community.  We welcome
applicants from diverse and under-represented backgrounds, broadly
construed.