[CogSci] Job offer: Postdoctoral position in ‘The Communicative Brain’ group at MPI for Psycholinguistics
Carolin.Lorenz at mpi.nl
Thu Oct 1 07:53:10 PDT 2020
Job offer for Postdoctoral position
We are looking for a full-time postdoctoral researcher to join the newly-founded Minerva Fast Track Group ‘The Communicative Brain’, led by Linda Drijvers, at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics. The Communicative Brain group is embedded in the Neurobiology of Language department of the MPI for Psycholinguistics.
The successful applicant will investigate the neurobiological basis of how listeners integrate auditory and visual signals from (multiple) conversational partners, and how listeners distribute their attention to these auditory and visual signals during face-to-face interaction. To do so, you will use a new, cutting-edge technique called rapid invisible frequency tagging, in combination with dual-EEG and MEG, to study the role of low-frequency neural oscillations in this process.
What we expect from you
· Candidates should have, or shortly expect to obtain, a PhD in a relevant field (e.g. (cognitive) neuroscience, experimental psychology, cognitive science, linguistics, artificial intelligence, computer science).
· An interest in multimodal language processing; existing experience in this domain is an advantage
· An interest in cognitive neuroscience and prior experience in EEG/MEG research.
· Substantial (and preferably documented) experience in programming (in any language, but preferably MATLAB, Python or R) and EEG/MEG analyses
· A solid background in carrying out empirical research (e.g., experimental design, recruitment, participant testing, quantitative data analysis, report writing)
· a very good command of written and spoken English is a must; good knowledge of Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
Conditions of employment
* Full-time position (39 hours per week) with a term of appointment of maximally 3 years. You are entitled to 30 holiday days per year (on the basis of fulltime employment), as well as Dutch and German institute holidays.
* The salary is according to the German TVöD (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst) and is classified in salary group E13 (depending on the experience of the applicant between EUR 4,056.62 and EUR 4,757.99 gross per month, based on a full time employment).
* The position will be available from January 1st onwards.
Work environment / employer
The MPI for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen is the only research institute in the world entirely devoted to the study of language. Our goal is to understand how our minds and brains process language, how language interacts with other aspects of mind, and how we can learn languages of quite different types.
We are situated on the campus of the Radboud University, and have close collaborative links with the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour and the Centre for Language Studies at Radboud University. Cross-departmental projects and interdisciplinary work are strongly encouraged.
We are part of the Max Planck Society, an independent non-governmental association of German-funded research institutes dedicated to fundamental research in the natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities. The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from under-represented minorities, women, and people with disabilities are particularly encouraged.
Applications should include:
i. One-page statement of why you are interested in this post, why you consider yourself a good match for the post, and what your research interests are
ii. Examples of published work
iii. CV including publication list
iv. Names and email addresses of up to three referees who would be willing to provide letters of recommendation
Electronic applications should be sent to Carolin Lorenz (carolin.lorenz at mpi.nl<mailto:carolin.lorenz at mpi.nl>). For questions and informal enquiries, contact Dr. Linda Drijvers (linda.drijvers at mpi.nl<mailto:linda.drijvers at mpi.nl>)
The deadline for applications is October 26, 2020 and Skype interviews will be held early November. The start date of this position is January 1st, 2021.
Link to online vacancy<https://www.mpi.nl/career-education/vacancies/vacancy/postdoctoral-position-group-communicative-brain>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announcements