[CogSci] Call for contributors: Phase II Forecasts for the Behavioral, Cognitive, & Social Science Forecasting Collaborative

Igor Grossmann igrossma at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 12 12:36:46 PST 2020

Dear colleagues,

What do scientists  - senior academics and graduate students - think about the societal changes in the months to come? How accurate are these forecasts?

The Forecasting Collaborative<https://predictions.uwaterloo.ca/> is again seeking scientists (and related disciplines) to forecast changes in: Life satisfaction, political polarization and ideology, positive/negative affect on social media, bias towards African-Americans and Asian-Americans, and gender/career bias over the next 12 months.

You will receive past monthly data (42 months) to create numerical forecasts for the next 12 months. These forecasts can be generated via method of your choice (e.g., general intuition or theory, data-modelling, or some other mix).

We are for publication in interdisciplinary high-impact journal. Participants are eligible to contribute as authors. Additionally, as a participant, you obtain greater insight into accuracy of your forecasts (which can be used to inform future forecasts). We also encourage graduate students to participate.

For more information please visit our website (predictions.uwaterloo.ca)<https://predictions.uwaterloo.ca/>, or email us at predictions.collab at gmail.com<mailto:predictions.collab at gmail.com>. Participation deadline is December 7th, 2020.

Video Explanation here: youtu.be/CVvHsQSIJOg

Best wishes and stay safe!

Igor

This study has been reviewed and received ethics clearance through a University of Waterloo Research Ethics Committee (ORE#42142). If you have any questions about the study, please contact Igor Grossmann (igrossma at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:igrossma at uwaterloo.ca>).

Igor Grossmann, Ph.D.
Director, Wisdom and Culture Laboratory
https://uwaterloo.ca/wisdom-and-culture-lab
Associate Editor, Social Psychological and Personality Science

Co-host of the On Wisdom Podcast
onwisdompodcast.com<https://onwisdompodcast.com/>

Associate Professor of Psychology
University of Waterloo, Canada
CV http://bit.ly/IgorG

###JOIN THE BEHAVIORAL & SOCIAL SCIENCE FORECASTING COLLABORATIVE###
https://predictions.uwaterloo.ca/