[CogSci] [CfP] RSS 2020 Workshop on Assistive & Collaborative Robotics

Deepak Gopinath deepakedakkattilgopinath2015 at u.northwestern.edu
Fri May 15 21:24:51 PDT 2020

Call for Contributions

Workshop details
===============================
AI & Its Alternatives in Assistive & Collaborative Robotics: Decoding Intent
Robotics: Science and Systems (RSS) 2020

Human-robot teaming (HRT) is an interdisciplinary domain, largely because
it is a bidirectional challenge — the robot must infer human intent to
provide assistance, and the human must understand the robot’s intent to
provide commands or adjust behavior. Our workshop aims to facilitate a
discussion between researchers that explore the human side of these
interactions and those that propose new algorithmic solutions, spanning
cognitive science, artificial intelligence, control theory, and more.

Note, that due to the COVID-19, RSS2020 will be held online this year as
will be our workshop.

Important Dates
===============================
- Submission Deadline: JUNE 20, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: JUNE 27, 2020
- Camera Ready: JULY 4, 2020
- Workshop Date: JULY 13, 2020

Submission Instructions
===============================
Submissions can include archived or previously accepted work. Specifically,
we invite participants to contribute with papers for two kinds of
submissions:

1. Traditional workshop submissions presenting preliminary results of
ongoing research.

2. Submissions linked to already published papers coming from:
(a) Journal papers, which have not had the chance to be discussed in a
conference.
(b) Conference papers, which come from non-robotics conferences (e.g.
cognitive science, machine learning). Although these papers already had
exposure to a conference, the workshop is a great opportunity to give
visibility to these contributions within the robotics community.

We encourage submissions from researchers whose work might not currently
have robotics examples but could be applied in the context of robotics!!!

List of Topics
===============================
- Shared autonomy / Human-in-the-loop systems
- Cognitive science for Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
- Theory of mind for HRI
- Data-driven models of the human and/or autonomous partner for HRI
- Inferring intent with limited sensory input
- Interpretable AI for HRI
- Formal notions of safety in HRI
- Assistive robotics
- Collaborative robotics

Confirmed speakers
===============================
Bill Smart, Oregon State University
Brandon Northcutt, TRI
Chris Baker, MIT
Dorsa Sadigh, Stanford University
Guy Hoffman, Cornell University
Guy Rosman, TRI
Maya Cakmak, University of Washington
Terry Fong, NASA
Sangeet Khemlani, Naval Research Laboratory

Useful Links
Website:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sites.google.com/u.northwestern.edu/rss2020aiacrworkshop/home__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!4Yzcv6FBqAXwcUc29-URMjDOUNJyyJPUqjA1sr9RaT_qrVFL7-ZzuOXn-5QpG19h85hv8pE8$
  .