[CogSci] MathPsych/ICCM 2020 now accepting submissions

MathPsych/ICCM 2020 Conference conference at mathpsych.org
Tue Mar 3 21:22:45 PST 2020

  Announcing MathPsych/ICCM 2020

VENUE:  Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel; Toronto, Canada
DATES:  July 25-28, 2020

We invite you to MathPsych/ICCM 2020, the joint gathering of the 53rd
Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Psychology and the 18th
International Conference on Cognitive Modelling (ICCM): the premier
conference for research on computational models and computation-based
theories of human cognition.  Following our success in previous years,
ICCM has again joined forces with the Society for Mathematical
Psychology to create a conference in which all sessions are open to all
attendees, and cross-talk is highly encouraged.

MathPsych/ICCM 2020 is a forum for presenting and discussing the
complete spectrum of cognitive modeling approaches, including
connectionism, symbolic modeling, dynamical systems, Bayesian modeling,
and cognitive architectures. Research topics can range from low-level
perception to high-level reasoning. We also welcome contributions that
use computational models to better understand neuroscientific data.

The conference will run from *July 25, 2020* (approx. 9am) to *July 28,
2020* (approx. 6pm).

*MathPsych/ICCM 2020 is now accepting submissions.  Please visit the
**conference website <http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2020/>**or go
directly to the submission website:
**https://www.conftool.org/mathpsych-iccm2020/. The deadline for
submissions is April 17, 2020.
*

Please note that the Society for Mathematical Psychology has arranged
for a block of rooms at the Sheraton hotel at a discounted rate.
Attendees are _strongly_ urged to make use of the room block since the
Society has made a financial commitment to the hotel.  More information
about the room block, including how to book, can be found on the
conference website <http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2020/>.

Visa requirements for Canada can be found here
<https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=416>. Please
be sure to check well ahead of time whether you need to obtain a visa to
travel to Toronto, since that process may take some time (sometimes
months) and effort.

Note on COVID-19:  We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements
regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).  At this time, we do not
believe MathPsych/ICCM 2020 will be impacted.  The conference will go on
as planned.

    Confirmed speakers and events

We are pleased to announce these world-class invited speakers and events:

  * Dora Matzke (University of Amsterdam; Estes Early Career Award winner)
  * Joseph Austerweil (University of Wisconsin-Madison; Estes Early
    Career Award winner)
  * Jean-Claude Falmagne (University of California-Irvine; Senior Fellow
    Award winner)
  * Professional Development Symposium (Women of MathPsych)
  * The 27th Annual ACT-R Workshop (Dan Bothell and Christian Lebiere)
  * Symposium: Perspectives on `What makes a good theory?' (Iris van
    Rooij and Chris Donkin)
  * Symposium: Optimal experimental design: developments and
    applications (Filip Melinscak, Jay Myung, and Mark Pitt)
  * Symposium: Computational model-based cognitive neuroscience (Percy
    Mistry)

    Code of Conduct

Please note that everyone attending the meeting will be expected to
adhere to the Society's Code of Conduct
<http://mathpsych.org/Code_of_Conduct.pdf>. Attendees or applicants who
have a priori concerns about the accessibility, inclusiveness, or
welcoming nature of the conference should feel free to contact the
Conference Chair directly at conference at mathpsych.org
<mailto:conference at mathpsych.org>.

--

We hope to see you in Toronto!

Mathpsych/ICCM 2020 logo

On behalf of the MathPsych/ICCM 2020 Conference Committee

--
Joachim Vandekerckhove
Conference Chair
conference at mathpsych.org