[CogSci] Job offer: Research positions in the Neurobiology of Language department of the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Lorenz, Carolin Carolin.Lorenz at mpi.nl
Wed Jul 22 04:31:02 PDT 2020

Research positions in the Neurobiology of Language department
Max Planck Institute, Nijmegen, the Netherlands

We are offering a few junior and senior research positions (postdoctoral and beyond) in the Neurobiology of Language department at the Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics and the Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
Research in the Neurobiology of Language department is done in a very inspiring research environment, without teaching obligations. Furthermore, considerable technical support is available, as well as access to state of the art research and neuroimaging facilities including MRI at 1.5, 3 and 7 Tesla, a whole-head MEG system, three ERP labs, a TMS lab, a Virtual Reality Lab, and multiple behavioural labs.

Requirements

·         A PhD qualification in a related field.

·         The focus of your research should fit into the overall research portfolio of the department, as described on our website https://www.mpi.nl/department/neurobiology-language/4

·         A connection to the Memory, Unification and Control (MUC) framework would be appreciated.

Conditions of employment
·         Full-time position (39 hours per week) with a term of appointment of maximally 3 years.
·         The salary is according to the German TVöD (Starting salary: €52,573 - €61,663 p.a.).

·         Positions will be available in the fall of 2020 and later.

Employer

The MPI for Psycholinguistics in Nijmegen is the only research institute in the world entirely devoted to the study of language. Our goal is to understand how our minds and brains process language, how language interacts with other aspects of mind, and how we can learn languages of quite different types.  We are situated on the campus of the Radboud University, and have close collaborative links with the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour and the Centre for Language Studies at Radboud University. We are part of the Max Planck Society, an independent non-governmental association of German-funded research institutes dedicated to fundamental research in the natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities. The Institute is part of the Max Planck Society, an independent non-governmental association of German-funded research institutes dedicated to fundamental research in the natural sciences, life sciences, social sciences, and the humanities.  The Max Planck Society is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from women, people with disabilities and under-represented groups are particularly encouraged. The Institute is located in the Netherlands. Scientists in the Netherlands report among the highest job satisfaction ratings of any in the world.

For further details please see our website: http://www.mpi.nl

Application procedure
For information about the position, please contact Peter Hagoort (Peter.Hagoort at mpi.nl<mailto:Peter.Hagoort at mpi.nl>).

Applications should include:
1.            a CV;
2.            a list of publications;
3.            the names of two referees who would be willing to write letters of recommendation;
4.            examples of published work;
5.            a cover letter describing research interests;

Send applications to:
Carolin Lorenz (Secretary to Prof. dr. Peter Hagoort)
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
Postbus 310
6500 AH Nijmegen
The Netherlands
e-mail:  Carolin.Lorenz at mpi.nl<mailto:Carolin.Lorenz at mpi.nl>

Deadline for applications: September 15 2020