[CogSci] UC Berkeley Language and Cognitive Development Lab 2020 Summer Internship

Jon Wehry lcdmanager at berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 16 13:01:00 PST 2020

Apologies for crossposting.

UC Berkeley
Language and Cognitive Development Lab 2020 Summer Internship
Prof. Mahesh Srinivasan

The Language and Cognitive Development Lab at UC Berkeley, under the
direction of Prof. Mahesh Srinivasan, is now accepting applications for
their summer internship. The goal of this program is to provide a
comprehensive, hands-on research experience to highly motivated students,
while making valuable contributions to cognitive science.

Our lab explores how linguistic, cognitive, and social abilities arise
during human development. A central goal of our research is exploring how
these different aspects of development interact with one another. Interns
will work closely with the lab manager, graduate students, postdoctoral
fellows, and each other, and will have the chance to meet with Professor
Srinivasan to discuss their research. Interns will be involved in many
facets of the research process, such as: assisting with data collection,
working on stimuli creation and preparation of study materials, reading
relevant theoretical and empirical papers, recruiting participants, and
processing or analyzing data. Interns will also have the opportunity to
test participants at preschools or children's museums in the Bay Area.
Lastly, interns will attend weekly lab meetings and reading groups to
discuss the theory behind research projects, and will have the opportunity
to present on the projects they are assigned during the internship. We hope
that interns will come away from these activities with an enriched
understanding of language and cognitive development.

This internship will run from June 1st, 2020 – July 31st, 2020 and requires
30 hours of work per week.  We recommend applicants apply for outside
funding, but will provide a stipend of $1500 to those who are not able to
secure funding. For more information, please see our website
http://lcdlab.berkeley.edu/summer-internship/. Please submit all
application materials (found on our website) by March 15th at 8:00 AM PST.

If you have any questions about the program or our lab, please refer to our
website (http://lcdlab.berkeley.edu/) or contact us at
lcdmanager at berkeley.edu.

Please feel free to share with any students or recent graduates you think
may be interested.

--
Jon Wehry
LCD Lab Manager