[CogSci] Fwd: Research Assistant position at Harvard Music Lab

Samuel Mehr sam at wjh.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 19 14:46:22 PST 2020

Dear CogSci, please circulate the below posting to any students looking for
a full-time RA position.
(with my apologies for cross-posting)

thanks!
Sam

--
Samuel Mehr
Department of Psychology

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Research Assistant, Department of Psychology, Harvard University

The Harvard Music Lab (PI Samuel Mehr) is hiring a full-time Research
Assistant to contribute to any part of our research on music perception and
cognition. Possible focus areas include cross-sectional and longitudinal
studies of infants and families, web-based citizen science, data science,
cross-cultural studies, and more.

Candidates with interests in any of these areas are encouraged to apply,
but it is not necessary to have experience in more than one. Regardless of
academic background, we encourage anyone who is interested in the
scientific study of music to apply. Applicants can read more about our work
at http://themusiclab.org.

The RA will join any/all aspects of our research, including creating
experiment stimuli with video and audio editing tools; designing
experiments; working in jsPsych, HTML, and/or CSS (with our supervision and
training); assisting with data collection and analysis; setting up and
maintaining equipment; helping to carry out in-lab experiments with people
of all ages, including infants, children, and their parents; and working on
social media and web-based participant recruitment. The RA will attend and
participate in lab meetings and work with the PI to develop independent
research projects. This position is ideal for people interested in
developing their research interests before applying to graduate school, but
this is not a requirement.

An undergraduate degree in cognitive science, psychology, or a related
field is preferred, though candidates with other backgrounds will also be
considered. Experience with some of the software packages and programming
languages we use may be helpful (R, Stata, javascript, CSS, HTML, Python,
SQL, AWS, Audition, Premiere, MTurk, Qualtrics, etc) but is not required.

We are committed to increasing diversity in scientific and health-related
research and especially encourage applications from individuals who
identify as members of one or more ethnic groups that have been shown by
the National Science Foundation to be under-represented in health-related
sciences on a national basis.

All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources. This is a one-year
salaried position, with benefits including health and tuition assistance,
and with the possibility of renewal. The planned start date of 1 September
2020 but is negotiable. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa
sponsorship for this position; candidates must be eligible to work in the
US in order to be considered. Please apply at
http://tinyurl.com/musiclabRA20 by 31 March 2020 and direct any questions
about this posting to musiclab+RA20 at g.harvard.edu.