[CogSci] Postdoc in cross-lingual transfer learning (24 months)

Albert Gatt albert.gatt at um.edu.mt
Tue Feb 11 01:51:07 PST 2020

Full-time postdoctoral fellowship in cross-lingual transfer learning (24
months)
Institute of Linguistics and Language Technology
University of Malta

Start date: flexible (March 2020- June 2020)

The Institute of Linguistics and Language Technology (LLT) at the
University of Malta (UM) is about to embark on a project called MUFINS
(NLP-driven MUltilingual FInancial News and content Search). The project is
funded by Malta Enterprise and led by CityFalcon Trading Ltd in
collaboration with the UM. The current vacancy is related to a specific
work package within this project, which aims to investigate model
adaptation techniques to resolve a variety of NLP tasks in multiple
languages, within the financial and news domains. This work package is led
by the LLT, where the postdoc will primarily be located, though the work
will be conducted in constant collaboration with CityFalcon Trading Ltd.

The project has a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher to join the team
for 24 months (the position is referred to as a Research Support Officer
III under the terms of employment at UM). Details of the post and
instructions on how to apply are available from the link below:

http://bit.ly/mufinspostdoc

Prior experience in natural language processing is a must, and we have
highlighted a number of important themes and skills that we are looking for
in the call above. In particular, we are seeking individuals with a proven
track record in research and excellent programming skills, in particular
with experience in (cross-lingual) transfer learning and multi-task
learning.

Inquiries can be made to Lonneke van der Plas (lonneke.vanderplas at um.edu.mt)
or Albert Gatt (albert.gatt at um.edu.mt)

--