[CogSci] Doctoral student positions in Cognitive Science at Mississippi State University

Jarrod Moss jarrod.moss at msstate.edu
Mon Mar 18 18:04:15 PDT 2019

The cognitive science doctoral program at Mississippi State University has
two funded doctoral student positions available. Due to a higher rate of
funding than anticipated, we have openings in our program in the areas of
metamemory/memory and problem solving/skill acquisition. For the first
position, students are sought who are interested in doing research on
memory, including false memories and retrieval interference, and
metamemory, including the cognitive aging of metamemory. For the second
position, students are sought who are interested in studying problem
solving and skill acquisition utilizing behavioral, eye tracking, and fMRI
methodologies. This second position is associated with a grant examining
individual differences in cognitive control and strategy use on acquiring
skill in a complex task.

Prospective doctoral students who are interested in pursuing research in
either of these areas should send an inquiry to Dr. Jarrod Moss at
jarrod.moss at msstate.edu no later than March 25. Given the late timing,
prospective applicants should already have GRE scores so that an
application could be submitted relatively quickly. Information about our
program can be found at
http://www.psychology.msstate.edu/gradprograms/cognitive/index.php

—
Jarrod Moss