[CogSci] Job opening: Postdoctoral Associate
Mary J. Amon
Mary.Amon at Colorado.EDU
Sat Feb 9 16:05:25 PST 2019
The Institute of Cognitive Science (ICS) at the University of Colorado Boulder anticipates hiring a full time postdoctoral fellow starting Summer/Fall 2019 for one year and renewable for a second year. This position will work with Dr. Sidney D’Mello https://www.colorado.edu/ics/sidney-dmello
and will play a collaborative and co-leadership role in a vibrant research team encompassing researchers in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Psychology/Neuroscience, and Education.
Who We Are:
The Institute of Cognitive Science (ICS) fosters rich scientific interchange across researchers from a broad range of disciplines including Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, Philosophy, and Education. The mission of the Institute of Cognitive Science at CU-Boulder is to understand and enhance human cognition, learning, and development through the creation of interdisciplinary partnerships.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be:
Collaborate on research projects that use mixed methodologies (e.g., eye tracking, controlled experiments, observational studies) to advance understanding on how socio-cognitive-affective states (e.g., mind wandering, boredom, turn taking, joint attention) arise and influence outcomes across a range of interaction contexts (e.g., reading, collaborative problem solving, educational games) from data collected in the lab, online, and in the field.
The position offers a unique postdoctoral training experience and unsurpassed publishing opportunities within multi-disciplinary, multi-institution, grant-funded projects. The candidate will be encouraged to publish extensively, advance his/her own research program, develop advanced technical skills, strengthen his/her research portfolios, develop leadership skills, and gain expertise in authoring grant proposals.
What You Should Know:
* 2-year position. Initial contract is for one year (providing renewal after 6-month probationary period). Second year contract is based on performance and extension to a third year is possible.
* Start date is negotiable, but anticipated for Summer/Fall 2019.
* The position includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits.
1. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits<https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers/perks/cu-boulder>, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder<http://www.colorado.edu/about>.
What We Require:
* Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Cognitive Psychology, or Cognitive Neuroscience at the time of appointment
* Research experience in one or more of the following areas (affective science, small group interactions, discourse analysis, educational games).
* Strong writing skills and ability to conduct independent research as evidenced by first author publications.
What We Would Like You To Have:
* Advanced analytic skills (e.g., generalized linear mixed models, nonlinear time series analyses, Bayesian statistics, machine learning).
* Basic scripting/programming skills (e.g., R, Python).
* Experience mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.
To apply, please submit the following materials through CU Boulder Jobs<https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=15893&emailCampaignId=168>:
* Cover Letter
* PDF Sample of Work: Two representative publications.
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references and we will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs <https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=15893&emailCampaignId=168
Be Accomplished. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: CUBAd2019_Postdoctoral Associate in Cognitive Science at the University of Colorado Boulder.docx
Size: 17901 bytes
Desc: CUBAd2019_Postdoctoral Associate in Cognitive Science at the University of Colorado Boulder.docx
More information about the Announcements