[CogSci] Two Assistant Professor Positions at Misssissippi State University

Jarrod Moss jarrod.moss at msstate.edu
Mon Aug 12 05:58:29 PDT 2019

The Department of Psychology at Mississippi State University is seeking to
fill two tenure-track assistant professor positions with an anticipated
start date of August 16, 2020. We are interested in candidates whose
research is in the area of cognitive psychology/cognitive science. The
department houses doctoral programs in both cognitive science and clinical
psychology. The successful candidate will serve as a core member of the
cognitive science program and will maintain a program of scholarly
research, seek external funding, teach undergraduate and graduate courses,
and supervise graduate student research. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in
psychology, cognitive science, or closely related field at the time of
appointment.

Mississippi State University is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a
very high research activity university and is designated by the National
Science Foundation as a top 100 research university. The department has a
number of existing ties to collaborative university research institutes
including the university’s imaging center (which houses a 3.0T MRI), the
Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems, and the Social Science Research
Center. Located in the “Golden Triangle Regional” technology and
manufacturing corridor of the state, we offer a diverse, welcoming, and
vibrant community.

Interested applicants must apply online at
http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu (search for job #499129) and submit a
cover letter; curriculum vitae; statements on research, teaching, and
contributions and commitment to diversity; up to three pre/reprints; and
the complete contact information for at least three professional
references. Have at least three letters of recommendation sent directly to
the search committee chair, Dr. Jarrod Moss, at jarrod.moss at msstate.edu.
Review of applications will begin October 01, but applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.

MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity),
national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from
women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for
building a community that reflects the diversity in our student population.

—
Jarrod Moss
Associate Professor
Department of Psychology