[CogSci] Cluster hire in Computer Science at Rutgers Newark: Machine learning, Design/Viz, & Ethics/Implications

patrick shafto patrick.shafto at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 18:33:30 PDT 2018

Committed to building a cluster of faculty around interdisciplinary
Computer Science, Data Science, and AI, Rutgers University--Newark is
hiring in the areas of Machine Learning, Design/Visualization and
Ethics/Implications. We seek candidates who have a dynamic and
interdisciplinary conception of their research, who can contribute to
research and teaching in their areas, and as a core around which to build a
new research center, graduate program, and undergraduate programs in
interdisciplinary Computer Science, Data Science, and AI.

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Rutgers
University-Newark (RU-N) invites applications for a tenure-track position
in *Machine Learning at the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or
Professor rank*. The position will be based at RU-N, to begin September
2019. We seek applicants with exceptional research programs focusing on
computational methods in machine learning, mathematical modeling of complex
data sets, or innovative approaches to Artificial Intelligence.

https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/75448

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science and Department of Arts,
Culture and Media at Rutgers University-Newark (RU-N) invite applications
for a tenure-track position in *Design / Visualization at the Assistant or
early Associate Professor level*, based at RU-N, to begin September 2019.
We seek a design professional working in the intersection between
design/visual arts and visualization/data science.
https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/75104

The Department of Philosophy at Rutgers University-Newark (RU-N) invites
applications for a tenure-track position in Philosophy at the Assistant
Professor level, based at RU-N, to begin September 2019. We are seeking
candidates whose area(s) of specialization is *ethics and/or social and
political philosophy*. The area(s) of competence are open to subdisciplines
within contemporary philosophy.
https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/74930

--
Patrick Shafto, PhD
Henry Rutgers Term Chair in Data Science